Cheapest Multiplayer Tatic/Class/Combo (can be all three)

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Wheeleybird said:
TheKasp said:
Wheeleybird said:
The soldier from tf2, they have the 2nd highest health and can simply spam missiles at corners/the ground while taking nearly no backlash themselves. I put my 6 year old cousin on this class and he got kills -_-"
He is slow, reload time is quite long and rockets are dodgeable.
Two of his new launchers almost double the missile speed to make up for that :D and reload isnt THAT long since you can just throw 1 in to finish them off and THEN fully reload
He's not a low-skillfloor class, please, pyro heavy and medic have much lower floors. Demoman scout sniper(duh) and soldier are the classes with very very high ceilings.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Tomislav in TF2. Just... wow. It's a weapon that removes practically all of Heavy's weaknesses with one barely noticeable downside.

Wylade

Jul 3, 2010
I don't mind the noob tubes that badly, I just take sprinting classes and take the longest paths with lots of cover. Knifing classes counter noob tubes, shotguns counter knives, rifles counter shotguns, noobtubes counter rifles. I have one of each class at all times, cuz they all work.

The cheapest thing I've ever faced is from Shadowrun of all games. It was the smart-link/gust/smg combo. Smart-link gave you lock on bullets, gust knocked you back and killed your accuracy, and the smg killed everyone but Trolls. You could counter smart-link with a different spell, but not gust. Only unblockable spell in the game.

OH! How could I forget? Kill streaks on MW2. Not a terrible problem on Team Deathmatch, but on objective games like CTF or Headquaters, you could camp a corner for 10 minutes, get your harrier/chopper gunner/ nuke combo going, and win with 0 actual points. Match could be (and frequently was) 20-0 in CTF, 5 seconds left, and a nuke is called. TOTAL BS.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
dave1004 said:
Oh, you're mistaking something. I don't play shitty shooters on shitty consoles, I only play shooters on my computer. Anything is possible when you have a lightning-fast mouse. The game I used to quick-scope was Combat Arms, which in itself is a bad game. I've never played ANY of the CoD games...Well, never owned an Xbox of any type. I've played Halo at a friends on a console, and I would lose every time. He challenged me to Halo: CE, and I won with 27-2.

Quickscoping takes time and skill to learn. It's indomitably powerful when you learn how to properly utilize it, and it's a great match rager. Plus, I don't get this one part. "Aim Assist"? So...Like, auto-targetting? Isn't that basically cheating...?
Please take your COD bashing and PC elitism to another thread. You are not welcome here.
What? COD bashing? I didn't know that it's a past time for people to bash fish. Sorry, I don't do that. Plus, I aint a PC Elitist. I love my PS2, and I play it all the time. Hell, I still crack out my fun PS1 games off and on.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
One man army danger close noobtubes takes the cake.
Thanks so much IW for all that post game support.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
dual Model 1887s
Grenade launcher
Ghost
Campers
bullshit knife detection in COD games
Martyrdom
Last stand/final stand
Juggernaut
Pain killer
sawed off shotgun in gears 3 beta
model 1887 is arguably the worst gun in mw2 now.
EDIT
Sorry for double post

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Mj Kort said:
Sentinel in MvC3. Sure he dies fast as fuck, but if he gets the first hit off on you and does his combo well he can solo your whole team by himself without losing any health. why does he exist
not only that, but he stalls like noone else.

with him at the head of a pheonix team, you simply fly around using morrigan/amaterasu assist. if anyone gets remotely close you have incredibly dangerous aerial attacks, even hard rive in an emergency.

hes not that bad though... not as bad as pheonix herself or a good magneto, lots of things are harder to beat and lots of things beat him. Theyve fixed one big problem in UMVC3 too, hyper sentinal force now disappears when hes hit.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
chuckman1 said:
model 1887 is arguably the worst gun in mw2 now.
Oh no, yes it's been toned down a lot but it's still a pretty annoying thing to fight [or maybe I'm just biased because I remember what they were like before...my God, the rage]

Somebody said campers in Halo Infection games, and I couldn't agree more. It makes the game so dull and frustrating that it's a wonder anybody plays, or has fun. Me and my friends have started betraying anybody who camps in OP places just to get them out [which results in them dying in the open, which is hilarious]

Edit: While I'm on the subject of Halo, I'm throwing in Banshees to the list, I wouldn't mind so much if the maps had at least some form of anti air weapon [save the sniper, but good luck beating the 12 year olds to that], so you spend half the game being spawn camped by it until another one appears.

Jeran Korak

Aug 25, 2011
What do you call a class that can give itself an insane ammount of bonuses and gets stronger the weaker the equipment it has is?

A cleric in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition. Neverwinter Nights, to be precise. Pure clerics can run around spamming the most powerful spell in the entire game, Harm, and healing themselves to full health instantly as many as eighteen times in some builds. Even when hopelessly outmatched, a cleric usually wins simply from the sheer number of times they can instantly restore themselves to perfect health. Harm on the other hand is a spell that does the exact opposite, it reduces an enemy to 1 hit point. There is no damage limit, it can take off a 100,000,000 hit points as easily as 100. To say that they dominate in unmodded servers is like saying that water is somewhat helpful for the human body. This doesn't even count their ability to summon monsters almost as powerful as the entire mage and fighter class at the same levels, or their ability to render rogues useless with spells such as True Sight or Find Traps.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
basically anything i can think of has already been said, so i'm just gonna share a small story from my only online game of halo wars, after building up my massive army composed mainly of Grizzly tanks and a few vultures, the enemy comes at me with an army comprised COMPLETELY of falcons...and my special attacks, especially the tanks super-powerful cannon, were useless, and i sat helplessly as the skies darkened and i was DESTROYED!!!!!

but yeah, the noob-tubing-to-the-max classes in MW2 suck bad. thankfully i haven't run into them, like, at all.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
scorptatious said:
Wheeleybird said:
The soldier from tf2, they have the 2nd highest health and can simply spam missiles at corners/the ground while taking nearly no backlash themselves. I put my 6 year old cousin on this class and he got kills -_-"
I don't know about that. Sure his missiles do a lot of damage, but he also has to deal with a long reload time. Not to mention he's pretty slow.
For me it gets annoying when you're playing a scout, medic, pyro, or anything with low health, you run around a corner, soldier pops up, panic fires into the wall or ground, and you die. Meanwhile the soldier takes no damage at all.

Besides that, TF is pretty balanced. If you're losing a game, it's propbably because the team as such isn't balance I guess.