Cheaters Won't Prosper in Crysis 2

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Crytek: "we don't give a flying fuck about fixing the demo that is supposed to be representative of the final game, just trust us and spend ?60"

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Asehujiko said:
Crytek: "we don't give a flying fuck about fixing the demo that is supposed to be representative of the final game, just trust us and spend ?60"
Crytek: "The publishers hassled us about a demo as it's become common to complain about the lack of them recently. Well we didn't have one ready (hey! who does these days?) but they accepted a crappy old multi-play test build; so that's them off our back until the next minor crisis pops up."

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
I seem to be the only person who hasn't had a problem with the Crysis 2 demo, at all. No crashes, no graphical glitches, just perfect, smooth solid gameplay. I've already pre-ordered it, and I haven't seen any examples of cheating in the games I've played. I hate hackers though, especially in Counter Strike. I find the Crysis 2 demo great fun, and switching to grenades seems normal to me.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
drivel said:
I played the demo for all of ten minutes last night, at which point it crashed. This was after spending 30 minutes trying to get registered and logged in. And I heard you have to "switch" to grenades as a separate weapon. What the heck is that all about? So, f that noise.

This thing is labeled a demo, but it's more like a beta. Remember when demos were a full fifth to third of the finished product? *sigh*
Demo's were never that long.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
I wouldn't trust them at all. They said the same thing about the first 2 games (Crysis and Warhead) and after one patch they let things be until most of the hackers and cheaters got bored because they were fighting eachother on near empty servers. The only servers that seemed to ever have any decent amount of people on them were German servers which made it even more boring for people who don't know the language and can't follow whats going on in chat and stupid high pings.