Check for Traps #1 - Starter Set

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
The Dragon Age one definetly sounds interesting with the 'Dragon Dice' mechanic. Now if only I could find willing participants.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
My brain hurts...

If I could get a hold of a few friends, then I wouldn't mind trying these sorts of things out.

I'll keep these starters in mind.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Virgil said:
I'll see if I can explain it in more detail.
*SNIP*.
What I like the most about this is that it removes the whole "How difficult would it be to ______?" negotiation phase of the battle that frequently comes up with aimed shot rules and specialty attacks. Instead, a given character just performs their attack, and once every three-ish die rolls they get the opportunity to do something extraordinary.
I see...so basically you can only do any of those things (multiple attacks, aim etc) on a critical hit? Is that correct? I really don't like the sound of that at all.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
So I noticed it says #1 at the top.. Is this a new table-top gaming weekly article? That would be pretty awesome.

Liked what was brought up in this first article and I might even have to check out some of those products next time we want something new for game-night.

Amazon warrior

Jul 7, 2009
Oooo, more TT columns on the Escapist? /stalks

Both of those games sound very interesting. I cut my TTRPG teeth on D&D3.5 when my bf introduced it to me, but I'm always fascinated by other games with interesting mechanics. My bf bought me "Duty & Honour" (a Sharpe's Rifles-esque RPG) for Christmas - it has a very neat-seeming card-based system.

sigma83

Oct 26, 2009
I'm keen on buying Treasure Awaits! and would like to know if you guys have any further opinions on it.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
I just got a red box about a few months ago from a garage sale oddly enough all the pieces were there. I wish they had this when I was a kid...Well lets just say I wish they didn't make D&D satanic -.-