Check Out How the Nazis Have Taken Over Game Shows in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Check Out How the Nazis Have Taken Over Game Shows in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

The Nazis have not only taken over America in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, they've also taken over American game shows as well.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170535-Wolfenstein-II-The-New-Colossus-Announced-at-E3-2017] brings the Nazi threat to the United States, where they have taken over not only the country, but many iconic institutions as well. Case in point: Game shows. Just take a look at this:

If you want to see how The New Colossus differs from the previous game, you can go back and check out the developers explaining some of the changes in a previous trailer [].

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 27.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Only 1 Game Show and the prize is not having to be reeducated.
And its taking place to a crowd speaking in English.

I'm just glad that there isn't a TV Show named Politically Correct Or Else.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Jacked Assassin said:
Only 1 Game Show and the prize is not having to be reeducated.
And its taking place to a crowd speaking in English.

I'm just glad that there isn't a TV Show named Politically Correct Or Else.
Oh don't worry, that's coming in about ten to fifteen years. Probably more like five years in Europe and Canada. Though in Europe it'll be Islamic or Else.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Jacked Assassin said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Ya'll know that being "politically correct" is contextual, right?

For example, being "politically correct" in alt-America would be making sure to include the KKK in polite discussion about how your Nazi overlords were targeting degenerates. Wouldn't want to leave out your all-Amerikan crusaders, would you? That would be a micro-aggression to assume they weren't as zealous about your national well-being as the Germans.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
altnameJag said:
Jacked Assassin said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Ya'll know that being "politically correct" is contextual, right?

For example, being "politically correct" in alt-America would be making sure to include the KKK in polite discussion about how your Nazi overlords were targeting degenerates. Wouldn't want to leave out your all-Amerikan crusaders, would you? That would be a micro-aggression to assume they weren't as zealous about your national well-being as the Germans.
Yes.

Unlike wearing the mask of a Catholic if you aren't Catholic.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm just waiting on hearing whether or not there will be day one reviews. I mean, I want to buy this game, I want to give Bethesda my money, but I ain't supporting releasing games blind.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Wolfenstein: The New Order was amazing. It treaded a tonal knife's edge and managed to pull it off exceptionally well. Frankly, the game was far more intelligent than it had any right to be. If this game brings even half of the same caliber of quality to the table then I'll be a happy man.

I just hope there's an option to pick up items automatically this time around. I didn't care much for having to stop every two to three minutes to manually hover up all the health and ammo in an area one piece at a time.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh for fuck's sake, can we not have an article about a Nazi killing game where people don't start ranting about how SJWs are going to start effectively running concentration camps? Please?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
erttheking said:
Oh for fuck's sake, can we not have an article about a Nazi killing game where people don't start ranting about how SJWs are going to start effectively running concentration camps? Please?
Only if Bernie Sanders or Larry Lessig is the current US President.
Marquis Mage said:
I honestly don't think it's possible at this point.The reichwing snowflakes are very fragile, and they get really triggered when people tell them to piss off with their assholery.
Some lead snowflakes are triggered by the US Declaration Of Independence. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3US6T2JeQY]

Back to the trailer though I'm really confused on why the crowd said German Or Else in English when they should've said it in German.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
As a descendant of German immigrants fleeing Russian persecution during WWII, it's always disheartening to me that this is what people think of when they think of Germany. It's downright depressing when I scroll down into the comments and see how many people not only endorse this stereotype but celebrate it.

At least I'll always have Kurt Wagner; The Incredible Nightcrawler!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
And Kraftwerk!
You've got them too!

Speaking of them...

One day, we'll see them in one of the new wolfenstein games, but until then, there's always bill bailey.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Neverhoodian said:
Wolfenstein: The New Order was amazing. It treaded a tonal knife's edge and managed to pull it off exceptionally well. Frankly, the game was far more intelligent than it had any right to be.
I remember thinking the exact same thing around the time you meet Anna's grandparents. "Wow, there's a story to this! And I care!"
Proto Taco said:
As a descendant of German immigrants fleeing Russian persecution during WWII, it's always disheartening to me that this is what people think of when they think of Germany. It's downright depressing when I scroll down into the comments and see how many people not only endorse this stereotype but celebrate it.

I can't recommend Kurt Vonnegut enough if you haven't gotten around reading him.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Proto Taco said:
I can't speak for others, but to me Wolfenstein has always been about vilifying the ideology of Nazism, not the nation of Germany. I mean, the Kriesau Circle that features prominently in the games from RTCW onwards is based on a real German resistance movement that sought to overthrow the Nazi regime from within. The leader of the movement in the games is a German woman, and many of her German subordinates play key roles in helping B.J. out, including a former Nazi who switched sides after his family was executed by the Gestapo. The latest iteration of the series hasn't been shy about tackling the skeletons in America's closet as well, from totally-not-Jimi-Hendrix confronting B.J. about Jim Crow racism in The New Order ("Before all this, before the Germans, before the War, back home man, YOU were the Nazis") to scenes of Nazis chumming around with American KKK members in the E3 trailer for The New Colossus.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Proto Taco said:

Welcome to the Internet and it's culture. Enjoy your stay, and have your papers ready.