Check out Pocket Masters, the most hilarious Pokemon ripoff on andriod!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Pocket Masters is taking Pokemon in strange new directions, and it's incredible!
Those flagrant copyright violations, that glorious Engrish, Boobarcel! This game is amazing, and the video is absolutely hilarious!

Like, how did this even get made? It's obvious Nintendo is going to come and stomp all over it, and yet look at how polished the artwork is, and there's even voice acting! Usually this knockoff crap is just hastily stitched together garbage put out to make a buck, but this looks like they put some real effort into it. And, man, that Engrish. I can't remember the last time I saw a translation that bad. This is on the level of Zero Wing or Garzey's Wing.

So which is your favourite Pokemast? Is it Boobarcel? Even? Miuty? Shirder? Shirder, in my opinion, is very underrated.

Edit: changed the title

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
I really do wonder what goes though the minds of the people who make games like this.
I remember seeing "CastleMiner Z" on XBLA Indie on Vinesauce or TB once and they were asking that question, I mean, I understand if they are just in it for the money, but I really do wonder if they stop and wonder how they got to the point where they are making shitty Minecraft/DayZ rip-offs for a living :/

Still, at least we have a reminder of what a world without copyright would be like.
...Fucking "Miuty"...

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
This isn't really pokemon going in strange new directions now is it?
I mean just cause people slap the characters of Frozen onto cheaply made chinese backpacks doesn't mean Frozen is extending it's product lineup.

As for favourite pokemast? uh basically asking which is our favorite anthropomorphic pokemon.

Well, if they have a super buff magikarp then I'll vote for that one.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
there are a few Pokemon esque games out there for iOS and Android. There was one that had a lot of great reviews that looks a lot like the Fire/Leaf games.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
This really looks like the evolution of Moemon, which might be the strangest bit of effort I've ever seen put into an IPS patch mod for a GBA game.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Yeah, I'm seconding. This is just an updated Moemon (thank you, JonTron!)

If I wanted anthropomorphized Pokemon, I'd just draw up my own. Perhaps with less.... breast.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Spider RedNight said:

If I wanted anthropomorphized Pokemon, I'd just draw up my own. Perhaps with less.... breast.
But if you doing that, you wouldn't get the extremely well writing!

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Drathnoxis said:
Spider RedNight said:

But if you doing that, you wouldn't get the extremely well writing!
You're right about that... I can't possibly hope to emulate such well-translated Engrish. I'd probably give myself a hernia just trying xD