Check Out the Escapist Expo's Official Panel Lineup

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Check Out the Escapist Expo's Official Panel Lineup

Come see Yahtzee, MovieBob, and Jim Sterling all forced to play nice at Expo.

The Escapist Expo's official panel schedule is now online! You can find our full lineup on the official Expo page [http://www.escapistexpo.com/panels] - as well as check out the attending panelists - but here are a few highlights from the upcoming event:

Hour of Love

Panelists: Yahtzee Croshaw, Jim Sterling, Bob Chipman, Chris Pranger, Mark J Kline

Hour of Love sets out to answer one important question: What if some of your favorite gaming critics were all put in one room and only allowed to say nice things for an entire hour? Dr. Mark Kline moderates as The Escapist contributors must all swallow their bile and think about nothing but rainbows instead.

My Favorite Game

Panelists: Janelle Bonanno, Yahtzee Croshaw, Cory Rydell, Gavin Dunne, Graham Stark, Jim Sterling

Everyone has that one game that they put on a pedestal. The one game that you measure all other games against. The Escapist contributors talk about their favorite games and why they will always compare new titles to the one game that provided the perfect mix of character, story, and skill challenge.

Songwriting with Miracle of Sound

Panelists: Gavin Dunne, Susan Arendt

Writing a hit song is a real science, especially when each piece is an homage to a favorite game or movie. Gavin has spent years writing songs under the moniker Miracle of Sound and he will pass on his extensive knowledge along in this panel. Maybe he'll even break out his guitar and sing a few of his favorites. He takes requests!

All panels will be first-come, first-seated, but many of our other events, including D&D, game tournaments, and Magic: The Gathering competitions require registration. If you're joining us for Expo, make sure to visit our sign-up page [http://www.escapistexpo.com/events], and reserve a spot for what you'd like to participate in.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Such a list! So much awesome

Edit; WHY?!

Why have Songwriting by MoS and cosplay tips on at the same time? Now I have to choose which one to go to :(

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Sounds awesome, too bad they changed the damn date change after I bought my tickets. I have to work during the expo now. 30 bucks down the drain.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Knowing my group we'll make it to about 1/4 the panels we plan to attend. Oh well :p

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Sounds awesome, too bad they changed the damn date change after I bought my tickets. I have to work during the expo now. 30 bucks down the drain.
Changed the date? What do you mean?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Nasrin said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
It used to be 21-23 then they pushed it forward a week to the 14-16 of September.

Dondonalien44

Dec 10, 2009
Why are they arranged alphabetically instead of chronologically? T.T
It's a little confusing to plan my weekend with this.
Edit: Nevermind, different page. I should instead congratulate you guys for offering both formats. Herp derp.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
You guys seem to have a lot of video game panels with Chris Pranger. Isn't that, like, taboo now or something since he's working at Nintendo?

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Nasrin said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
It used to be 21-23 then they pushed it forward a week to the 14-16 of September.
We haven't changed the date at all. We didn't even announce Expo until we had a confirmed date, and we didn't begin accepting ticket sales until some time after that.

Why might you think that we'd changed the date?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Nasrin said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
I promise you, we didn't. There were literally only two weekends we could've had the Expo at the Durham Convention Center - the one we're having it and Halloween weekend.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Man, I want to go so bad! *cries in a corner*
But the Escapist will at least be at NYCC this year, right?[footnote]Please say yes, I was so sad when you didn't show up last year. I may bring cookies this year, so you better come![/footnote]

Maybe next year I can go to E2...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
soren7550 said:
But the Escapist will at least be at NYCC this year, right?[footnote]Please say yes, I was so sad when you didn't show up last year. I may bring cookies this year, so you better come![/footnote]

Fingers crossed! We reallllllly want to be there.

Djcian

Aug 2, 2012
some of these look hilarious, too bad i wont be going. really hoping that they'll be put up on youtube/livestreamed. they will, right?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
soren7550 said:

Fingers crossed! We reallllllly want to be there.
Because of cookies or New York?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Please tell me you all are going to video tape these things so we can see it too.

I'd go if I could, but I have school then.

But one day, I WILL ATTEND! Again, GOOD LUCK!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Oh god, that Hour of Love sounds hilarious.

Are you guys going to be recording any of the panels for those that won't be able to visit? Because that would be awesome.

Argh. What am I saying?! I'm just making myself more excited!

[sub][sub][sub]Stop it, neon, stop it![/sub][/sub][/sub]

Anyway, good luck everybody! I hope you all have a great time there. :D

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
FelixG said:
Escapist Staff: Will it be live streamed or recorded and put online? I really want to watch that Hour of Love!
Yup, I'd like to know this as well. I can see a couple of acceptable reasons why it might not be, but I hope it is.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
The more I hear about this, the more sad I get that I can't attend. :( :( (Hopefully, I'll be able to come next year, I'll only be an eight hour plane flight away, instead of a twelve hour flight *and* an eight hour flight away)

That Hour of Love panel looks intriguing! No way these guys can go an entire panel saying only nice things! =D Hopefully, the panels will be recorded (at least some of them, pretty please) so that we can watch or listen to them.