Cheese

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Generic cheddar, mass-produced. That's what's cheap and always available.

But if I had a choice? Pepperjack. Da bes

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Young cheese on sandwiches or toast. Just my grocery store's own brand though. I particularly like it when the bread is warm and the cheese just barely still cold and maybe starting to melt just a little bit.

When I make my own pizza I generally mix mature cheese for extra flavour together with mozzarella.

Brie and goat cheese can be great too, in certain situations. I quite like goat cheese with mushrooms for instance.

(Gotta love the choice of cheese we have here in the Netherlands btw. ;) )

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Limburger cheese, no joke!

Limburger has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Plus, it also has the advantage unlike other cheeses that it can be used as a weapon.

Put it on toast or even on a pizza and it seems to add a lot of flavor to it. It's a harsh smell, but it's very rich. Yes, i know it stinks but heck i just don't care. Give me my cheese!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Cheese? Yes, please.

Favorites include Parmesan, Cheddar, Feta, Beemster, Queso Fresco, Tilsit, Passendale, Emmenthal and Halloumi, though some of those mostly as ingredient in a personal fave dish, not so much on their own.

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Cheese and I are no longer friends (along with many other foods I can never eat again after my heart attack).

I miss grilled cheddar on toast the most at the moment.

Dec 10, 2012
So many. The best all-purpose cheese is a sharp yellow cheddar. Goes on almost anything. Mozzarella is the best on pizza, for sure. The best cheese for salads is blue, strong and crumbly. I even like some swiss on certain burgers or sandwiches. I had a mac and cheese at a restaurant last week made with goat cheese, it was so damn good. There are very few cheeses I don't appreciate one way or another.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
I never met a cheese I didn't like.

Except that artificial stuff in a spray can.

That shit's just unnatural...

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Can't beat a good hard cheese with a distinctive flavour such as mature cheddar, double gloucester or red leicester particularly with a nice red wine....that's it I'm breaking out the cheese and wine

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
hmmm, big fan of Cheddar and Brie. or better yet, goat brie.

Also, i dont really know if there's an official name for that, but here we have this cheese curd, but it have to be squeaky, and room temperature, but have to be eaten less than 48 hours after production. This is the ONLY cheese allowed in a decent poutine.

Jeremy Comans

Nov 28, 2014
Raclette for melting.
Roquefort for eating. Or a soft, white goats milk cheese.
Romano for pasta.

Really, though, all varieties of cheese have their place. Don't really like feta or haloumi,
but all other colours, firmness, and milks I like something of.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
American cheese is my favorite, it's just what I'm used to. Kinda plain, to be honest.

Love grilled cheese, though.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I have a fantasy about cheese. I want to find and buy the most expensive cheese I can, and make a grilled cheese sandwich with it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Cottage cheese and normal medium marble cheese that has been left to air out for a few hours on the counter.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I don't like cheese. It's a cheap tactic to climb up the ranking ladder with zero strategic thought. Real Starcraft players don't cheese, damn it! /s

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
I'm good for all kinds of cheese. I kinda wish that I'd have the time to broaden my horizons of cheese.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
I'm chilean, so due to our health regulations we don't have a large selection of cheese (can't sell products made from non-pasteurized milk). We do have local variety of cheese (specifically, a type of Gouda) called Chanco, which is pretty good, not very agressive but with anough taste. Regularly though, I eat "mantecoso" (white, soft, and smooth). Looks like a chilean thing since I can't find a direct translation (a direct, "brute force" one would be "lardy" or "buttery).I really like goat cheese also, but it's pretty expensive, sadly. Nice and strong though. I've acquired a taste for Gruy?re too and really, anything that tastes strong, like garlic, onions, and spices in general.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
So long as it's smothering an inch deep layer of vegemite on toast, it's all good.

Yes I am a cheese slut.