Chest hair and you! (Questions for both sexes)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
As a female, I don't mind some chest hair on a guy since I think it's kinda attractive, and yes, manly.

However, if there's a ton of it and it looks like an untamed jungle that I could explore and possibly fight a puma in, then no. It's disgusting and I would most likely tell him to get rid of it.

Looks like a scientist failed to turn you into a werewolf, no offense though.

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
I'm probably a minority, but as a woman I hate chest hair, the stuff gives me the shudders. Hate the look, hate the feel of it. I'm not unreasonable, I wouldn't dump a guy because he had a little, but someone with excessive hair I would find it an immediate turn-off. It just makes me feel sick.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
My chest hair hovers around about in this area

So I have a sizable amount and have had it since I was about 14-15 or so. Outside of the fact that its extra insulation on a body that has a nasty tendency to overheat constantly I rather like the the look and feel of it. But the sweat it helps to induce makes it unbearable. Outside of the sweat, its awesome.

However I wont shave it, unless it grows in improper places like shoulders and upper arms. Oh and the one time I shaved the inverse of this

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
I have a fairly hairy chest.Never received any complaints from women about it and frankly if I did they could piss off.I ain't shaving unless it's for medical reasons

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
.No. said:
There's a huge difference between chest hair and fat. Fat can't just be be shaved off.
The only difference is the time it takes but it is actually possible to "shave off" fat.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm a barrel-chested, hairy viking-descended sumbitch... it's also quite thick and coarse, and my arm hair has even turned an accidental knife slash or two. Seriously.

That said, I have my back and shoulders waxed, 'cause that stuff is a tad ugly. It's just not a smooth even coat like rest of my torso.

aPod said:
.No. said:
There's a huge difference between chest hair and fat. Fat can't just be be shaved off.
The only difference is the time it takes but it is actually possible to "shave off" fat.

Danny91

May 30, 2011
I have enough chest hair for my girlfriend to think it's sexy, so I think I lucked out on that one :p

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
I have chest hair. I would be proud of it, but I have moobs, so it makes something that could be manly or sexy into something disgusting.

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
I am shocked at the amount of men here who can't grow chest hair. (that wasn't meant to be an insult, even if it kinda sounded like one.) Obviously have I no problem with it, but I imagine this question is supposed to directed at the fairer sex.

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
I'm 34 and have chest hair, doesn't bother me or any of my girlfriends (past & present).

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I like my chest hair (more importantly, my girlfriend likes my chest hair). When I see guys without chest hair I always think he's missing out. Weird hairless chests. We're apes, not salamanders.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Male and 20, and I just started growing a little bit of hair last year. Eh, it's alright. I wouldn't want a full jungle though.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'm a man with... medium amount of chest hair, I guess. It's still in the growth-process, however, so it'll probably be thicker in the future. Neither like or dislike it in general. Fun to play with though.

Paularius

May 25, 2010
Dont see whats wrong with chest hair. I prefer it my self but its not a major factor when im dating someone.
Wish i had a bit more chest hair my self.

If you have chest hair and you dont like it your self then do something about it but i couldnt be arsed with anyone who gets picky on how someone else looks and wants them to change.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I don't mind chest hair, my boyfriend has quite a bit. Having said that, I don't want someone bear-like. I find back hair to be a huge turn-off.

I don't really like bald chests either, a happy trail is always good.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Chest hair? Damn right.
I dunno where in my family I get it from exactly, but I'm a frikkin' viking. Blue eyes, brown hair, red beard, fair skin, I'm huge and I've got more than enough chest hair.

Not to insult anyone about something they can't change (seriously, no offense, but it's gonna sound like it), but WTH is up with all the little hairless pansy guys running around nowadays?
It's like in the last few years someone flipped the genetic switches of manliness off.
Where did the hairy men go?
Where did all these emo and hipster weirdos come from?
What happened to guys who know how to fix pipes and change tires?

Basically all the guys my age (24) and younger that I know of are mostly useless in the "things you should know as a guy" category.
WTF?

I've been wondering this for a while now.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Male, I have a bit of chest hair, but it's only a small patch right in the centre of my chest, and where I have quite dark hair and pale skin, it looks weird. That said I haven't been seen without my top on in months, maybe years...

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I'm a dude and I have a pretty respectable amount of chest hair. I can't help but feel that it could only help one get ladies, since the one girl that I've been with my whole life only decided to come after me when it came to her knowledge that I was the only dude in school with any kind of significent chest hair (Greek ancestry FTW!), she liked me beforehand, learning of my hairiness just rendered me irresistable to her, teasing her by pulling down the collar of my shirt and showing her just a little bit of my chest and offering to let her feel it helped, she apparently really likes hairy dudes, and luckily for her I don't mind having my chest groped by cute girls for hours on end. ;)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Ieyke said:
WTH is up with all the little hairless pansy guys running around nowadays?
It's like in the last few years someone flipped the genetic switches of manliness off.
Where did the hairy men go?
Where did all these emo and hipster weirdos come from?
What happened to guys who know how to fix pipes and change tires?

Basically all the guys my age (24) and younger that I know of are mostly useless in the "things you should know as a guy" category.
WTF?

I've been wondering this for a while now.
Most of us have decided not to breed, I'd say. Revert my society to one where my physical contributions of skilled labor are valued again, and I'd consider it. As things stand, though, I can make more money walking around looking armed and intimidating than I can machining aircraft parts... so I'm for Voluntary Human Extinction. How fucked is that?

[/off-topic]

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
Chest hair is a sign of manliness. I'm 18 and I've got it all over

The more the merrier