Chew Your Way Through Tomba! on PSN

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
FINALLY! I remember playing the demos of Tomba! any time I could in stores, but was never able to convince my parents to buy it for me. All the bright colors and silliness that the game had... I would buy a PSN just to play Tomba! like I've been wanting for all this time.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, went hunting for a copy of this a while back, and just gave up about 2 minutes later when I saw some guy on ebay trying to sell it for over $250.

Course, it'll only be available on the American PSN though. Sigh. I think I may still have some funds leftover from a while back on my US account...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Holy shit was that an awesome game. Still have my original copy laying around...
Actually, if me head wasn't throbbing like a pulsar, I'd probably binge on the old school awesomeness.

So many good concepts for a platformer...and so few of them actually used in such a manner since.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
MrBrightside919 said:
*Insert Kermit Picture Where He Goes YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY*
I assume you mean this (which I believe is from Weezer's Keep Fishin' video) and I heartily agree with your sentiment =D

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
I remember playing this on a demo disk, i really liked it so now Im glad i will get a chance to play it for real

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
DuelLadyS said:
Not only that, but Tomba! was one of the handful of PS1 games that wasn't compatible with the PS2...
What are you talking about? I've only ever played Tomba on a PS2, it works fine. So does the sequel.
Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2] and my personal experiences seem to disagree with you.

Nekron_X

Jan 30, 2011
it...is?.......YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! i was talking about this game with my friends a couple of weeks ago and how much fun it was and how great it would be to see it again....*sniff*...it's so....beautiful....

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
This game is the best thing ever (if we do not count the racing car sextion)... Replayed it a while ago. God, I adore this game.
I wonder if I could get Medievil on the 360 somehow?

mixadj

Oct 23, 2010
Glad to see they are re-releasing this gem. I played it on an emulator with rom's but it just wasn't the same. Now I wonder if they will re-release Wild9, that was a really fun one.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
FUCK. YES. This makes me so happy, I had a damn spasm of joy when I saw this news, I was just looking for this game to see if it was on PSN and now this! Now I just need Klonoa and my childhood has returned!

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
HOLY FUCKING JESUS H CHRIST ON A DONKEY.

I'm almost weeping with joy.

Also, I'm going to adamantly stand by the fact that this is solely due to my mum's repeated insistent e-mails to Sony demanding they release Tombi! (I'm calling it Tombi. I don't care if you all keep saying Tomba! It's Tombi!).

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
No thanks. I think I'll play with my original ps1 copy, that I still own. Haha!

Grey Carter said:
Not only that, but Tomba! was one of the handful of PS1 games that wasn't compatible with the PS2, meaning the game never quite got the following it deserved.
What are you talking about? Mine works just fine on the ps2.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2] and my personal experiences seem to disagree with you.
Well, wikipedia is wrong. While I'll believe it doesn't play on some models, it plays on mine. In fact, that's the first thing I did before making that post.

necromanzer52 said:
What are you talking about? Mine works just fine on the ps2.
Good! I'm not the only one!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

I was after this game for ages after someone on here reminded me of what the game was called. I kept looking on the PSN store hoping they'd add it, but they never did :( Eventually I got rid of my PS3.
Didn't know it wasn't PS2 compatible though...
I managed to get it on the PSP though! I was so happy when I started playing it again, so much nostalgia. I suck at it now though. ;-;