Childhood bath toys?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Time for a childhood nostalgia thread! If you're willing to share, what kind of bath toys did you doods use during childhood?

I'll start. Back when I was a kid, I used a Mr. Potato Head, a green elephant...and Godzilla (a purple version, but still).

To this day, I still wonder what happened to that purple Godzilla figure.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I had a bucket of blocks that stick to the wall when wet.

Also legos, legos, legos!

My brother took my Storm (X-Men) toy into the bath once, it used to have a lightning bolt on the chest that lit up. It didn't after that though...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I had a small yellow rubber duck named Duckie. And he was an evil mastermind who ruled over the bath tun with an iron beak.
And whenever my siblings and I played War, Duckie was always the evil general bent on world domination.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I had a small, green, plastic speedboat that was about 4 or 5 cm long. I seem to recall enjoying holding it under the water, then releasing it so it shot up out of the water like a missile. Also launching it over empty bottles I was using as ramps.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I remember playing with the Dory happy meal toy back when Finding Nemo was first released. She made whale calls, but you couldn't hear them when you put her underwater. Only bubbles.

Other than that it was usually just playing with the face cloth and the big cup our parents used to wash our hair. You fill the cup with water and hold it against the bathtub wall, and the water would just DISAPPEAR! Was it magic? Nah, the bathtub wall was drinking it from the cup, clearly.
The tub became less safe after reading Calvin and Hobbes.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
My bath toys and my nornal toys tended to overlap a lot, Dinosaurs (some of then actually marine!), action men with all their clothes removed and a large Goliath from the gargoyels cartoon were prime candidates cause they were all plastic so no rust risk.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only one I can think of were those water puzzle games that I had as a child which I vaguely recalled a Gameboy shower bottle and the Yazoo (flavour milk) gamepad.

Also I had four tiny plastic boats aswell.

Also this seen relevent

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
I'd drag my Duplo blocks into the bath, then spend the next half of the day finding all the places they held water.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
My bath toys tended to be action figures- (Mighty Morphin') Power Rangers, James Bond Jr., Batman and old west characters (Wild Bill, Billy the Kid etc.)- and Legos more than anything else.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
I was my own toy. The rest of this question can't be answered in polite company.

Okay, okay... that's only half of the story. ;) Truth is, I wasn't allowed to take toys into the bath and was told to start taking showers when I was six years old. Everything about my childhood kind of sucked.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Silentpony said:
I had a small yellow rubber duck named Duckie. And he was an evil mastermind who ruled over the bath tun with an iron beak.
And whenever my siblings and I played War, Duckie was always the evil general bent on world domination.
HEIL DUCKIE!

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
BTW, forgot to mention one. I used an old, plastic Marlins helmet (a small one) that I used to wash my hair, and to test the concept of air pockets and the buoyancy they add.

Feb 7, 2016
I had this...really stupid childhood thing where I would use toy cars (matchbox, Hotwheels) as "people". I didn't like action figures. The way most of their limbs moved too much when playing with them and instead I substituted them by using cars and imagined them as people. I don't know how I imagined them that way. I would stand the cars up on their rear bumper and they "ran" and "punched" and "jumped", "swam", imagination is an amazing source of magic.

Anyway, I brought them into the tub a lot.

When I did have actual figures they were muscle men things. They were rather tiny and made of rubber. I can't remember their actual names. I know they were collectible though, even today as something sort of rare.

Oh, and swimming goggles, because I was obsessed with being able to see under the water. It was like a different world, where the sound was muffled and light bent to the will of the water.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Lots and lots of plastic boats. Also had this entire Fisher Price set that was essentially a large boathouse with accessories.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
DeliveryGodNoah said:
I had this...really stupid childhood thing where I would use toy cars (matchbox, Hotwheels) as "people". I didn't like action figures. The way most of their limbs moved too much when playing with them and instead I substituted them by using cars and imagined them as people. I don't know how I imagined them that way. I would stand the cars up on their rear bumper and they "ran" and "punched" and "jumped", "swam", imagination is an amazing source of magic.

When I did have actual figures they were muscle men things. They were rather tiny and made of rubber. I can't remember their actual names. I know they were collectible though, even today as something sort of rare.

Oh, and swimming goggles, because I was obsessed with being able to see under the water. It was like a different world, where the sound was muffled and light bent to the will of the water.
Were they these?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkeshi

Feb 7, 2016
DarklordKyo said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:

Were they these?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkeshi
YES, those were it! I even remember keeping them in one of those plastic pencil case things when I went places!