Childhood games

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
So i found this on youtube the other day and it got me thinking of how much i loved this game as a kid. I dont have my copy anymore so i dont think i'll ever know if its as good as i remember. So what my question is guys and gals, what game did you play so much as a kid, but dont actually still have your copy of it? that one game that you would give anything to get back. For me its spiderman!

Captcha: Finger lickin good...huh...maybe thats a sign!

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010

SUMMONNIGHT SWORDCRAFT STORY
Loved that bloody game, can't find my copy anymore but I doubt I would be able to play on it even if I did seeing as the juice has run dry and saves would no longer work. Still in my top 10 games though regardless.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ik234pXnfo So i found that on youtube the other day and it got me thinking of how much i loved this game as a kid. I dont have my copy anymore so i dont think i'll ever know if its as good as i remember. So what my question is guys and gals, what game did you play so much as a kid, but dont actually still have your copy of it? that one game that you would give anything to get back. For me its spiderman!

Captcha: Finger lickin good...huh...maybe thats a sign!

PS. I tried to embed it but it didnt work, does anyone know what i was doing wrong? :)
Ho-ly shit. I'm having a major coincidence breakdown here. When I saw the title of this thread that game was THE FIRST thing that came to my mind.

[sub][sub]freaky...[/sub][/sub]

Well, for the sake of saying something new, I'd also go with...

Pajama Sam was the shit.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Keoul said:

SUMMONNIGHT SWORDCRAFT STORY
Loved that bloody game, can't find my copy anymore but I doubt I would be able to play on it even if I did seeing as the juice has run dry and saves would no longer work. Still in my top 10 games though regardless.
Thank you :D

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've been fortunate enough to collect some of my favorite childhood games such as Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and, Quest of the Mystic Ninja on the SNES. The one that I don't think I'll be getting for a long, long time though would be California Games on the Atari Lynx.

That game in the screen is one of the mini-games I was good at as a kid.

I would love to get those back if only for some radical VR hacky sack.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. Yup, some good ol' nostalgia right there. Out of all those, Sly Cooper is the only one I still have, and it's actually the collection (if that counts). As you can probably imagine, I didn't waste any time going out and picking up the Sly Cooper collection when it was released. Now just waiting on a Ratchet and Clank collection...

Oh, also Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

My family and I sunk countless hours into that game.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
That I dont have a copy of Hmmmm probably Double Dragon on the NES my friend and I sunk so much damn time into that game it was ridiculous I dont remember much about it now only a few screens and a feeling of awesomeness so yeah my memory is heavily dyed with nostalgia but I would love to try that game again.

I have most copies of non aracde games I tried from my childhood still even if in some cases I no longer have the hardware to play them on. Arcade wise I would love to try Captain Commando and Alien vs Predator again so many happy memories.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Sly Cooper, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, and Ocarina of Time are probably the games that I played the most as a young'un.

Unfortunately, my Sonic Adventure disc broke a long time ago, which sucks because I loved that game.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Oh, dude, I never finished Legend of Dragoon! Man, I LOVED that game! I'm thinking of finding a copy on Amazon...

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
I have good memories of River Raid back on the good old C64. It was a cartridge game, so unlike the ones on disks it pretty much loaded straight away instead of the usual twenty minutes of flashing screens.

Oct 2, 2012
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
I loved that game! And I still have my copy! Don;t worry man, it is just as awesome as you remember it.

Mine was some kind of star wars game for the SNES. During certain missions you got to choose between a few different characters and it was kind of like a platformer.

Man I'd kill to have a SNES and whatever the hell that game was.

StashAugustine

Jan 21, 2012
I remember that Spiderman game, but never actually finished it.
For me, the game would be Sid Meier's Gettysburg. It's a RTWP strategy game with a bunch of scenarios from the battle. It was really fun, and I remember putting a lot of time into it. It's unfortunately not available anywhere and doesn't play well with modern computers anyway.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
My god I am old.
I will go backwards.

My first PC games:

Quest for Glory 1

Descent 1

Now Console:

Wizards and Warriors

Gyromite **WARNING** this game been known to cause friend loss or bloody fist fights.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
My first video game ever (that I owned myself) was LOZ: Majora's Mask, and while I actually still own the original cartridge, my N64 no longer works well enough to play it. :(

MM3DS, come on! >.<

But if you mean one that I don't actually physically own anymore, Custom Robo for the Gamecube is the closest thing. I didn't really get rid of my old games often. Custom Robo was really awesome, though.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I still have all the games from my childhood. Hell, I'm pretty sure I still have every game I've ever played, and a ton that I haven't from when computers first came into existence as gaming machines and my dad started gaming for fun.

My first few games I can answer, but I haven't lost any of them. They were:
Civilization
Civilization: Net
Civilization II
All Pajama Sam games
All Freddy Fish games
All Put Put games
Myst
Riven
Crash Bandicoot
Lylat Wars
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

After that I'll count them out as they weren't my first few games anymore, though that sums up my gaming up till about 5. After that there were a ton of other games I started playing, but those were my first. Why so many? Playstation, Nintendo 64 and PC, and I played all of them back then. Largely 'cause they all offered different games and experiences. These days... There's a reason I haven't owned a console since the PS2.