Childhood Misconceptions

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Akytalusia said:
i used to think women just absorbed semen during coitus. it wasn't until my first experience that i learned that it just leaks right back out. i thought it would be self contained and clean, but it's messy and i found it pretty fuckin' disgusting tbh.
I've had sex multiple times, but I didn't know this happens until I was told about it. Blame the condoms.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
I honestly didn't know the non-sexual meaning of "Facial" until 3 weeks ago when my girlfriend said she was going to a spa with her grandparents and getting one. Needless to say I was kinda confused at first.
EDIT: I'm 21... So I really should have known.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
I was born with a large brown birthmark, and grew up in an almost exclusively Indian area of town, so for some reason I assumed that if you had a brown patch of skin you changed over time, and that's where brown people came from.

That got cleared up when I was about six and my teacher pointed out that I'm an idiot and have a facial disfigurement. Lucky me.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I used to think that the letters "L", "M", "N", and "O" were all one letter when singing the alphabet, so I would run them all together as "elemenno".

I used to think that it was illegal for a man to pee sitting down (don't know where that one came from"

And I used to think that Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game. How naive I was.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
robot slipper said:
Padwolf said:
My mum used to tell me that if I sit so close to the TV my eyes will turn square. Every night before I went to bed I would run my fingers over my eyes to make sure they were still round.
In a similar vein, my mum used to say that if you left the tv on in a room and then left the room without turning it off, the tv would overheat and explode. I think she was trying to get us to save electricity by not leaving the tv on when we weren't watching it, but forgot to EXPLAIN that bit. So it just made me terrified to be the only one in the room with the tv on, because what if I forgot to turn it off before going to the bathroom and it exploded!
My mum said something similar, but with candles and the fireplace. Made me bloody terrified of the things for a long while. Once they left me home alone with a candle on, I cried and had to get my neighbours to help me out and blow it out. Though one day a candle actually did explode -.- most terrifying damn day of my life seeing the mirror frame suddenly go up in flames because of a candle!