Childhood Phobias.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
Clowns

In french class we were shown these series of VHS movies involving a French Hobo Clown and i've been scared of clowns ever since

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I was terrified of falling off a bike as a kid. As such, I never learned to ride one, and I won't now, because of how stupid it would look. And due to a near death experience, I refused to learn to swim until I was eleven.[footnote]says the guy training for the Royal Marines.[/footnote]

II2 said:
Dogs.

They can be big when you're little.
Oh, I grew up with dogs. My earliest memory is being put in the back of a customized land rover, with the labradors used to retrieve kills out on the moors. I have a massive affinity for dogs, and training them. Hell, I've been planning to raise wolf cubs at some point in my life, ever since I found out that was legal. I think with dogs, it's best to immerse the kid. So long as it's a good kind of dog, like a labrador, it's the best thing to prevent a phobia. Hell, a wolf that's used to living among humans is wonderful with kids. They're that intelligent. I've seen a toddler climb all over a full grown wolf, pulling on its ears and tail, etc. It just lay there and took it because it made the connection that it was like a cub, and part of the "pack".

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
II2 said:
Dogs.

They can be big when you're little.
Hell, I'm 14 and I recently met a great dane. It wanted to play but if I raised my hand it tackled me! Also, it ruined a water fountain in my school. All the new students got to sleep over, a teacher brought the dog and it drank from the water fountain with no problem. It had to bend its head.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Fiad said:
Two things, Porcelain dolls and having my back to an outer wall on the first floor of a building. The dolls still creep me out a bit, but am mostly over that one. The wall thing I am still paranoid about. Always feel something is going to break through and grab me.
Did this get worse when deus ex human revolution came out?

Anywho, my biggest childhood phobia was spiders.

My biggest adult phobia is Mutha****ing spiders.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Everything scared me as a kid and I mean everything. I was such a sensitive kid....

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Chuckie from Child's Play. I hated that freakin' doll luckily, my folks didn't have a girl until I was 8 so by then, I was over that fear. I figured I could just kick him into a trash compacter and problem solved.