Children Continue to Pretend Game Boys Are Bombs

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Children Continue to Pretend Game Boys Are Bombs

Yet another child has stirred up a bomb scare with his old school Nintendo Game Boy.

What is it about the original Game Boy that makes kids want to turn it into a bomb? Last year, an 18-year old tried to boost his popularity [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100461-High-School-Student-Uses-GameBoy-to-Create-Fake-Bomb] by pretending one was an explosive device, and just recently another even younger child has done the same thing.

NBC reports that an 11-year-old student of the Northside Intermediate School in Milton, Wisconsin was on a school bus and threatened to blow it up with a bomb. The student was holding a device with batteries and wires on it. Police were notified and other students were evacuated off the bus.

A SWAT team and bomb squad showed up to negotiate with the child, who was convinced to exit the bus and leave the device behind. The bomb squad destroyed the device, though it didn't contain any actual explosives. It was simply an original Game Boy with a bunch of wiring and other materials attached, the Milton Police Department confirmed to Kotaku. School was cancelled for the day, and the 11-year-old was taken into custody.

To all the kids out there, let's get one thing straight. Your Game Boy is not a bomb. It's a fun handheld from the 1990s that brought joy to millions of people across the world. Attaching N-Gage [http://www.amazon.com/HandyPak-trade-Color-Game-Boy/dp/B00000K4DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1300386634&sr=1-1] is for.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Bomb_Scare_On_Board_School_Bus_Student_In_Custody_118101134.html]

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
But Game Boy is da bomb. Kids these days. Back in my day we used hand-helds to play games, not to create bomb scares.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Kids these days! no respect for antiquities! XD

nice zinger at the end too. gave me a good chuckle.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hey there aren't many of those left, stop destroying them! *sniff My dad sold his old one at a Car Boot sale not long ago. Idjit.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Man, I should have thought of this when I was a kid. That's a day out of school right there.
I mean you don't get to do anything fun because you are stuck on a bus and everyone thinks you have explosives but it's the principle of the thing that counts.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
LOL, generation gap.
Heh, by today's standards, the old Gameboy does look kinda like a bomb.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
And heres me thinking all the original Gameboys were locked away in some collectors drawer.

Or in a landfill.

Oh well, one less GB means the price of the others goes up by another $50USD.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
My I direct you to this? [http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ATHF_Terrorist_Attack]

Batteries and wires are grounds for bombs now...sigh.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
What? Well that's a first for me. I would never of thought that someone would try to make a fake bomb out of a Game Boy.
What a waste too. Those things were the pinnacle of portable video gaming. Sure it's a big bulky brick, but before them, there WAS NO portable video gaming.
No respect I tell ya.

frago roc

Aug 13, 2009
Stupid kid will require therapy for the rest of his life. Some parents shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I don't get why he'd even take it that far ... if you're pulling a prank and the SWAT team gets involved, thats about the time you fess up.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Thank ye elder gods he didn't use a Virtual Boy. They would have shot him. That thing is dangerous.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
You never heard about stuff like this when I was growing up.
Basically this.

I mean, what is with kids these days? You never really heard about school shootings and bombings in the 1990s with Saxophoning Bill in the office. Well... not until the end at least. Besides, I didnt even know people used to do this period. I could see maybe with an N-Gage, but what kinda heartless bastard are you to do that with a GB?