Children Continue to Pretend Game Boys Are Bombs

Kratenser

Sep 18, 2010
lol, this is actually pretty serious but it still made me giggle. "Lol im gonna blow you up with a game boy"

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
What a stupid kid, but what surprises me more is that people thought that it could have been a bomb in the first place.... Just silly...

Caffeine Rage

Mar 11, 2011
This reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.
People are so quick to jump to the worst possible situation when presented with something they don't find familiar. Even with this knowledge, I find it hard to believe that someone would make the the jump to "bomb" when seeing the old Gameboy.

Besides, we know the only bomb Nintendo ever produced was the Virtual Boy.

(Yes, I know I'm to late for a Virtual Boy joke, but I cannot resist.)

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Wait...so they couldn,t just look at it to make sure it was a bomb?
I'm going to put a brief case on the corner of a street then come over and tell you it's a bomb. Please get really close to it so you can decide whether it's a bomb or not.

Watch the opening to hurt locker If memory serves i don't think they knew if it was a bomb or not.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:
emeraldrafael said:
Quiet Stranger said:
You never heard about stuff like this when I was growing up.
Basically this.

I mean, what is with kids these days? You never really heard about school shootings and bombings in the 1990s with Saxophoning Bill in the office. Well... not until the end at least. Besides, I didnt even know people used to do this period. I could see maybe with an N-Gage, but what kinda heartless bastard are you to do that with a GB?
Seemed to go downhill about the time they outlawed beatings and abolished hangin's.

JUST SAYAJIN.
ah yes i remember the good old days where if a kid tried to pull this kind of shit a teacher or the bus driver would just go back there rip it out of his hand and beat the shit out of him with it

carletonman

Oct 29, 2010
One more reason to send the dumb ones to work in the mills. Seriously, HOW did the kid think this would be a good idea?! I just, it, yeargh!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
The gameboy brought me no such thing as joy, or well it did for about 2 months after having saved for 6, and then i had one little epileptic seizure and my mom took it away...

I do think its kinda funny how fast technology moves and how soon we forget about it, back when i was a kid not owning a gameboy made you a terrorist, or well not really since those where the days when if a kid told someone his toy was a gun/bomb/alien artefact he would be ridiculed, but still those officers or even the bus driver should have the shape of a gameboy memorized well enough to recognize it even with the batteries on the outside, did they all just sleep through the 90s?.

On a side note, in my school all the lads, myself included, used to bring our fairly accurate military style toys to school every day, playing war in the playground with the sweetest sound effects a mouth can make are some of my fondest memories from that time, i realize times are changing but knowing that most kids these days will never experience that is kinda sad, video-games do compensate but its just not the same, on the other hand videogames wont start fights over whether or not that bazooka totally blew up Søren's stupid face, which it totally did, and then Søren wont steal your "small soldiers" sticker and convince the teacher that its his.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
School was canceled for the day? Ahh when I was in school he would have been praised as a hero.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
That's just childish. And wrong.

On another note: just couple years back, in a school I was as a kid (13-15), some students found some dynamites near the school area.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
How is 2 events of this...

Children still pretending it's a bomb... even the title acts like this is happening 2 times every five minutes.

I'd say it's a non-issue.

ViewtifulJohn777

Mar 14, 2011
they had to throw it in the volcano from lord of the rings to destroy it.now it will forever lie there with The Ring and the c.ollections of other gameboys

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
carletonman said:
One more reason to send the dumb ones to work in the mills. Seriously, HOW did the kid think this would be a good idea?! I just, it, yeargh!
Well think of in this way, did you or a friend never try and convince the other kids at school that you own something extremely dangerous like a poisonous insect (i knew about 12 kids with their own scorpions) or even that the gun you have is completely real and the red plastic thingy at the end is the safety and the extremely rad ninja sword you have only looks like plastic to trick the enemy, because you know, ninja?.

The article doesn't mention exactly how far the kid took it a evacuation can take place rather quickly with enough paranoia, so he may just have done something like that, though the article did mention that he "wished to harm staff or teachers" which doesn't help his case, but NBC are known for slight exaggerations in order to make a news story more sensational, he may just have said something like "man if miss. herpderp gives us more homework for the weekend i'm gonna punch her in the face", to me it just sounds like an average angry child.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
well i do have one of the game boys and i dont feel like going to school tomorrow... better grab some wires and batteries

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No no no...

Gameboys are for hacking spy satellites.

Cellphones are for bombs.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
They destroyed a GameBoy? :(

That alone is reason enough not to pretend a GameBoy is a bomb. Sure, the panic you will cause people and all the man-hours you will cause the police department to spend on you and your fake bomb threat are all bad things too. But to get a GameBoy destroyed? If there is a hell for gamers, you deserve to go there for that.