Children Continue to Pretend Game Boys Are Bombs

relic626

Oct 3, 2009
awwww... i must say seeing this device brought back alot of memories.. if it wasn't for nintendo game boy i wouldn't be playing games :D

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:
emeraldrafael said:
Quiet Stranger said:
You never heard about stuff like this when I was growing up.
Basically this.

I mean, what is with kids these days? You never really heard about school shootings and bombings in the 1990s with Saxophoning Bill in the office. Well... not until the end at least. Besides, I didnt even know people used to do this period. I could see maybe with an N-Gage, but what kinda heartless bastard are you to do that with a GB?
Seemed to go downhill about the time they outlawed beatings and abolished hangin's.

JUST SAYAJIN.
Sadly, you are correct.

A good beating is what some of these crazy kids need these days.

I am joking (partly). Parents could just do their jobs and not try to be friends with their children. When a child starts a bomb scare, I am willing to wager that he acted up (in other ways) at home and the parents did nothing. There is no discipline in the majority of children today (excluding home schooled kids, they are responsible young adults. And occasionally a child whose parents still punished them for doing wrong).

lacktheknack said:
(whitty name here) said:
My I direct you to this? [http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ATHF_Terrorist_Attack]

Batteries and wires are grounds for bombs now...sigh.
Encyclopedia Dramatica? I'm not clicking that or anything close to it. I bet even the quote button is infected now... glurk...
That quote is accurate, sadly. Back in 07' a "underground advertising firm" (or as I call them a waste of money) put up signs on random spots in Boston, some locations would have been good for placing bombs like bridges. People who did not know what the character was thought that it was a bomb because "No one in there right minds would put that there unless it was a statement". Which was true but a statement meant to say you should watch a TV show.

In the end, it was a bad publicity stunt that got attention that was not intended. Moral is people will overreact to anything with batteries and wires.

dracoslayer16

Jun 19, 2009
"The bomb squad destroyed the device"

WHAT?! They destroyed a perfectly good old fashioned gameboy?? Those things are becoming rare and they just broke one on purpose. Mine barely works now and the screen is slightly crooked.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
... WHY?

What possible advantage could the kid get out of this? This makes no fucking sense to me, can somebody explain it to me?

I feel far more sorry for the Gameboy than the kid. Can he be used to play Tetris and Pokemon? No, so clearly the boy should've had the worser punishment, society sickens me thesedays...

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
this is the reason children need to be beaten by their parents again, this shit would not have happened a decade or two ago when the prevailing powers weren't the granola munching think of the children blanket boring brigade

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
elilupe said:
That poor innocent Gameboy, they destroyed it without remorse.
I hope the SWAT team said a few words of rememberance before taking it's life!

LastDarkness

Jul 9, 2010
Reminds me of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force viral marketing bomb scare. Remember a LED attached to a battery qualifies as a serious explosive device.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I mourn the loss of the Gameboy. I must admit, if there was anything that was going to destroy those things it was going to be a bomb squad. But what is it today with kids enciting bomb scares and the like, in my day we didn't have that. I like to think we had a little something called "respect" but with kids being mollycoddled because "they are the future" it does make sense that they thought that they could get away with inciting a bomb scare.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
OH I remember the story about my older brother asking my grandmother for a gameboy and what did he get? Playboy. Oh there was some tears shed after that moment.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
jakefongloo said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Wait...so they couldn,t just look at it to make sure it was a bomb?
I'm going to put a brief case on the corner of a street then come over and tell you it's a bomb. Please get really close to it so you can decide whether it's a bomb or not.

Watch the opening to hurt locker If memory serves i don't think they knew if it was a bomb or not.
Oooh mister snippy.

Just sayin I could problably tell the difference between a bomb and a handheld video game
Sorry if that sounded cross, but considering there's always a very real possibility not only the person defusing but also everyone else in the blast radius will die if the diffuser fails than erring on the side of caution makes alot of sense. ESPECIALLY as your job as a EOD or some thing like that, you see at least one bomb a week if not more. Who the fuck would want that job?

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Reed Spacer said:
He should have used a Game Gear.

I mean the system was a bomb, so...
Hehe

Oh god the batteries.. Must have cost like £100 to use that thing for a week