Chile hit with 8.8 Earthquake, Tsunami headed towards Hawaii

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I just found out that some of the Tsunami just hit New Zealand. I hope that people are all right and that they get to safety.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
One of my friends has an older brother in Chile at the moment, I really hope for her and her family's sake that he's ok.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Hallow said:
hahaha, sucks to be in Hawaii. Oh, and they've got proper warning, so I'm not gonna feel bad when they get hit (not that I would anyway).
Hey! I live inland! It won't bother me!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
These things happen.

Really, anybody who lives along the Ring of Fire [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire] (myself included) should always be at least mentally prepared for this eventuality.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Old Trailmix said:
EDIT: Also remember that chili is much more structurely sound than Haiti was.
Not a surprise, considering that chili is the greatest kind of food ever!

Zedzero

Feb 19, 2009
Luckly Haiwaii has FREE HEALTH CARE (ish) system, else they would get fucked by those bloody insurance companies.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Well, my grandmother lives in Chile.

So fucking worried, not sure where she lives, but I sure as hell hope she is okay. (She was just sick recently, and then this. -Facepalm-)

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
Wow. does anyone ever wonder if were in a game of sim city being played by a very subtley anarcisticly bored ten year old?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
aarontg said:
Wow. does anyone ever wonder if were in a game of sim city being played by a very subtley anarcisticly bored ten year old?
Or Yahtzee.(Couldn't resist)
I always wondered if that was life was like.

Abbadiel

Oct 15, 2007
Chilean here, was awake when the earthquake struck. Lasted about one minute and a half, with about 30 seconds of really hard movement. Good thing is, my apartment suffered no structural damage. Only some shattered glasses.

The hot-zone right now is Concepción, on the south. The epicenter was near there, and to my knowledge the city is utter chaos. Building 15 stories tall cut in half, fires everywhere. The fire department is collapsed from all the ensuing disaster.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Things just aren't going well for Haiti. Misread the title and thought the tsunami was headed for Haiti.

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
Hallow said:
hahaha, sucks to be in Hawaii. Oh, and they've got proper warning, so I'm not gonna feel bad when they get hit (not that I would anyway).
Harsh. And uncalled for.