Chilean PS3 Ad Shows Gamer Giving Blood to Nazi Officer

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks Sony, I was almost worried the days of surreal, inexplicable and downright counter intuitive advertising were over - clearly I was worried over nothing!

The mind boggles that there are executives crazy enough to approve and pay money for this.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
Uhhhhh wow. Good move Sony... you know, if you're retarded.

although to my history major inside is saying, "Well, Rommel wasn't a Nazi really. Quite exemplary as an officer to be honest. Hell the Nazis forced him to commit suicide which lets you know how far on their good side (they don't have a good side nevermind) he was."

Is Sony out to disturb everyone? Or just cash in on rampant South American Nazism?

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Hell I'd give my heart to Joan of Arc given the opportunity and if she deemed it necessary. I don't think Sony was going for the literal idea that people would get from seeing these commercials as my guess it would be a metaphorical standpoint. At least judging from previous ads.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
Here's another idea...

If you..for say, give away something of value, like blood you would be giving it to a bad person, like a Nazi.

Oh and Blood = Money, and Nazi = Other consoles.

bolastristes

Apr 10, 2010
I firmly believe that sony had nothing to do with this stupid ad, the problem is BBDO, those guys are ¨over the edge assholes¨!!!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
You have any idea why they are doing that? Is it suppose to represent something about all the WW2 games, or something similar? Or are you just as confused as I am?

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Sony just has strange ads. I think they do it for shock value, since your mind tends to remember alarming things more than good things.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I think... they're trying to say... that the PS3 is so immersive that the games might as well be real enough for you to give blood to their characters. I think...

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
The Joan of Arc ad link is broken, also I don't see how the PSP white ad is racist, all I see our two people looking at each other, sure one of them is white and the other is black but so what?