China's Knockoff Gundam Suddenly Vanishes

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Big, giant, orange robot? What the hell are you on about? That never existed...

Big protest, Tiananmen Square, uni students, tanks, international outrage? What have you been huffin' today? That never happened, I swear.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
lacktheknack said:
John Funk said:
Officials at Floraland theme park denied the statue's existence on Monday. This goes against earlier claims that the statue was an original design - despite the prominent "EFSF" and "WB" logos on its shoulders (standing for "Earth Federation Space Force" and "White Base," respectively). Of course, it also goes against all photographic evidence, but who's counting?
I love how China seems to think they can make reality go away by wishing hard enough.
It's how their government works. Why not their companies?

Oh, and nice title under your name, John. I'm...almost done with the EoSD extra stage myself.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Next, Britain will make one, but it will have class. A giant monicle, top hat and fires teabags..

Oh i love sterotypes =]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
What statue?

I see no statue in that left picture.

Rednog said:
I think it fell apart, just like the rest of the garbage that they regularly export to the rest of the world.
Actually, a lot of that is just US companies outsourcing to China for cheap labor. So, it's more the fault of US businesses for trying to maximize profit by cutting costs, thus resulting in an inferior product.

That's my gross over-simplification of the situation, at least.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Armored Prayer said:
Maybe the robot got bored of standing there and blasted off to the stars.

That or a really sneaky thief.
Maybe they lost him

He's ain't a set of car keys, is he? And it's not as if he's incon-spicuous, now, is it?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
What statue?

I see no statue in that left picture.

Rednog said:
I think it fell apart, just like the rest of the garbage that they regularly export to the rest of the world.
Actually, a lot of that is just US companies outsourcing to China for cheap labor. So, it's more the fault of US businesses for trying to maximize profit by cutting costs, thus resulting in an inferior product.

That's my gross over-simplification of the situation, at least.
I was referring more to the fact that they produce tons of knock off brands that are usually cheap garbage, granted there are US companies who order products that are garbage, but I'm under the impression that China itself makes these cheap knockoffs and tries to pawn them off as the real thing to people who don't know better.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
They should have just said "No comment." instead of lying so obviously, making themselves look dumb.

But this was in a country that apparently puts lead in everything, including consumable products and children's toys. So we shouldn't be surprised.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Irridium said:
It was highjacked by a scrappy young hero who's now using it to cruise around the solar system righting wrongs and discovering new things with a rag-tag bunch of friends.

Or thats what I would do... and unless some more solid evidence comes forward, thats what I'm going with.
Agreed it's clear that the reason it disappeared is because china's "Knockoff" was actually a full functioning prototype. A misguided youth is probably on his way to bring down the most evil nation in the world. Before you try to guess the nation, remember the propaganda this kid grew up on.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ninjas. I mean obviously.

XD I know I'm not the first to have that thought (at least, I really sincerely hope so), but yeah, ninjas. But in all honesty, who knew the Chinese were scared of copyright infringement?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
So we're en route to that, what was it, G Gundam? Where the Gundams of each nation fight each other, each boasting some kind of stereotype of their respective nation? Although, the orange thing confuses me. Why would you paint it orange, China? Why?