Chinese Cannibalism

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I have heard of this occurring in North Korea, but I can believe that this would happen in China. The "alternative" medicine scene in China is full of awfulness. Western Alternative Medicine is just as idiotic, but it limits its idiocy to flower preparations and "aromas". Chinese Alternative medicine has stuff like grounded up Rhino horn and Tiger parts and now, apparently, dead foetuses and infants.

If the infant wasn't killed to make the medicine, or if it was just fetuses, it's not THAT bad. A corpse is not a human being after all. It is a former human being. And a foetus wasn't a person to begin with. But if infants were killed then it is an incredibly awful crime.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
I just want to type the word "FAKE" repeatedly until my hands bleed. But I'll get suspended for that, so here's some reasoned, albeit angry, commentary instead.

HOW is it, in this day and age, that people still believe patently sensationalist bullshit like this just because it's allegedly takes place in another country?

North Korean schools allegedly teach children that United States soldiers are all, every single one of them, warlike by nature, and will commit all sorts of atrocities for the fun of it, like bayonetting babies, raping women and burning villages to the ground, if given the smallest provocation. Bullshit, right?

Now what if I flip it around, and say it's the North Korean soldiers who are acting like that?
Why does a switch go off in your brain that suddenly leads you to say "Yep, that sounds totally legit, and abhorrent. Shame on those North Koreans!"

And then you'll dig deep into your store of half-remembered facts about North Korea, trying to connect things into an unbroken chain of 'reasoning' that only serves to confirm your preconceptions: "Well, their government has nuclear weapons, and they spend an inordinate amount of money on their military while their citizenry starves, and they execute or imprison dissidents on their leader's whims, so they OBVIOUSLY MUST ALL BE INHUMAN MONSTERS RAARGH SMASH"

EDIT: My point is, this is the same damn thing. You get confronted with something that most people would find abhorrent, attributed to some other group of 'strange' people, and you immediately simultaneously condemn the act AND THE PEOPLE NAMED without stopping to think if the story adds up at all.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
My simple rule of thumb:

Given a lack of evidence and credible sources,

If it sounds too good to be true then it is.
If it sounds too horrible to be true then it is.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Hagi said:
My simple rule of thumb:

Given a lack of evidence and credible sources,

If it sounds too good to be true then it is.
If it sounds too horrible to be true then it is.
Here, have a bucket of KFC's wings (all from the same genetically-engineered, brainless chicken) and a side of fries (made crisp by being fried together with melted drinking straws, natch), washed down with a cow-blood-tainted strawberry milkshake. Every 10th cent of your purchase goes to the Church of Satan, and the prize is an LSD-spiked Mickey Mouse sticker! :)

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
I'm sorry, what?
When did satan become a chef?
Wait.
"The tiny corpses are then bought, stored in household refrigerators in homes of those involved in the trade before they are removed and taken to clinics where they are placed in medical drying microwaves.

Once the skin is tinder dry, it is pummeled into powder and then processed into capsules along with herbs to disguise the true ingredients from health investigators and customs officers."

WHY THE FUCKING MONKEY CHRIST ARE WE EATING BABIES???