Chinese Military Creates Its Own Army Game

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Chinese military values... humm going to need a fast computer to load the mass number of troops... if you die in the game do you just switch to the guy next to you? and i hope you can pick up enemy guns... the QBZ is ugly.

Synek

Mar 31, 2009
More like meatshield simulator,still quite interesting to see another perspective in this sort of games.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Rumors that the PLA High Command is demanding the inclusion of a zombie survival mode could not be confirmed."

Epic! Made me lol there, so nice one ^^

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Mission of Honor is currently being "perfected" by developers. Rumors that the PLA High Command is demanding the inclusion of a zombie survival mode could not be confirmed.
You know what, I know that line is a joke, yet I had to pause for a second after reading it to work out if it was serious or not.

Whether that says more about me or China I got no idea.

crazyfills

Nov 12, 2010
woah woah woah uk (generaly england) are always the bad guys with the cool hats and the evil laugh . . . Muhahahah you know that sort of thing.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009

This is honestly what I think. I think this is a recruitment tool for the Chinese Army. (Though the zombie mode may just be for entertainment the Chinese could warp that shit Polybius style)

soulblade06

Mar 27, 2011
I wonder if there'll be a mission where you get to harass and oppress Tibetans just for giggles.

Anway, here's hoping that it works like everything else made in China and ends up being cheaper than the American-made stuff.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Andronicus said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
I hope we are. It's about time we came under fire, instead of being invaded all the time.
Speak for yourself. At least there are countries that consider you worth invading. When was the last time Australia got invaded in a videogame ever?

The thought of shooting Australians is making me excited; I can pretend that one of them is me, and I'm some badass evil supersoldier.
You know all those people who believe that video games instigate violence? I just tried to imagine their faces hearing someone fantasize about having his country being invaded and killing himself through the avatar of his foreign enemy. GTA was at least comprehensible, but this would be just beyond them.

And yes, I too like to fantasize about being killed by an avatar whom I'm controlling as well. We gamers, gentlemen, have achieved a higher plane of existence.
XD. Well said.

OT: I will never cease to be amused by the mere existence of CCTV. I like to think that someday the Chinese gov't will realize it and go "Wait a minute...............fuck." whilst everyone rolls over and DIES laughing......XD

Also, Graphics looks pretty decent.

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
Probably filled with hackers and aimbots like almost every other Asian online game within 10 minutes.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I dont think China Daily is a reliable source of info on this...

Oh come on, dont pretend you dont know what im talking about.

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
Its nice to see China continue in their proud tradition of ripping off other peoples ideas in a shitty knock-off version of the original.
Only this one is dangerous because its being used as a Propaganda tool. OH-NO!

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Not only was America's Army 3 a pile of utter shit, the constant "THROW YOUR ENTIRE LIFE AWAY IN THE MILITARY" adverts made me and a friend put the game down in a record 8 minutes.

I can't see Mission of Honour getting anywhere, besides earning China a big fat capitalist lawsuit from EA for sort of just a little bit using their brand name.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, for what it's worth, they have the 'name it after two random military-like words, perhaps with an 'of' in between' technology down.

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
living in China i wont be surprised if it is "America's Army" only they changed the intro screen
and copy pasted red army badges on the soldiers.. either that or its a COD Port with cut scenes stitched together from scenes from "Top Gun" and "Rambo"

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
soulblade06 said:
I wonder if there'll be a mission where you get to harass and oppress Tibetans just for giggles.
That's the zombie levels, I believe...