Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I had refills on a couple of my medications sent out. Apparently the shipment was returned because I'm deceased. I wish someone would've told me!
The local newspaper ran my grandmother's obituary by mistake once. That must have been quite a shock to people.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I was laid off on Friday.

It's not all bad, I got a pretty good severance package so I'll be good for about 9 months without needing to dig into my savings at all. I also have a good relationship with a bunch of the recruiting team at the company, and they've all offered to help with introductions with recruiters at other companies. It'll be the first time that I've ever had a job search where I actually have a network and connections and I'm not just trying to blindly break into an industry, so hopefully this time around it will be easier.

Had a party at my house after work with a bunch of my former coworkers. It was a lot of fun, everyone got plastered.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ugh, the stupid app I need for bank and medical stuff won't be supported anymore after this month. There's a new version, but that doesn't support my phone.

Seems like I'll have no choice but to get a new phone, but fuck me, it's like every one that isn't complete garbage is at least €400.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Ugh, the stupid app I need for bank and medical stuff won't be supported anymore after this month. There's a new version, but that doesn't support my phone.

Seems like I'll have no choice but to get a new phone, but fuck me, it's like every one that isn't complete garbage is at least €400.
You too? Ugh, it's not like these apps are full of bells and whistles that older phones can't run. I bet they're aiming to rely on newer security technologies so that they don't have to put as much effort into securing their apps.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Yes, I have a deranged technique.
Lol yeah if you’re curling your feet inward during the contraction motion in either a sitting or lying position that can cause some issues. The key is isolation in terms of form, but there can be other factors at play too. Some things to keep in mind -

Good luck with um, rearranging your technique.

Reactions: Baffle and BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
My companies stock got devalued this week. They didn't listen to any of my warnings or follow any of my recommendations. They openly acknowledge me as the architect of their entire network and product distribution, but ignore every concern I raise about their forecasting. Trust me, Nick. No one is more empathetic than me about recent events.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I am haunted by my own incompetence again. I had scheduled an update to the firewall on Saturday (off-day) - forgot about it, and remembering this morning. Started it remotely before work, since... you know: "It never fails, and if it does, i can get to the office before anyone comes in" - My brilliant mind KNOWING that my car is fucked and sometimes has an empty battery after the weekend.

Well, the firewall didn't come back online, car didn't start. A colleague got it working again (simple reset) later. And now i wrote an explanation and apology to my bosses for having the office on pause for an hour by having a (excuse the language) retarded moment.

Also: while removing the car battery (like an angry savage), i hurt my back, also bent a bracket in the car and nearly had a mental breakdown. (Man i can be so smart. But this idiotic shit, all this small stupid shit i sometimes do).
It would be fine if it was me vs. the world. But it is me vs. myself AND the world.

Man trying to keep my shit together ALL the damn time is so... tiring.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Welp, I blew ANOTHER chance at asking this girl out. I'm 30 and she's 29. She has an amazing character and overall a positive ball of energy, but everytime we talk I can never bring myself to ask her out.

Fuck me

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Welp, I blew ANOTHER chance at asking this girl out. I'm 30 and she's 29. She has an amazing character and overall a positive ball of energy, but everytime we talk I can never bring myself to ask her out.
I know I've already replied on Discord, but I'd never forgive myself if I let this one through to the keeper.

See that's what you should have asked her.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Today has been an absolute shitshow. My apartment has no heat (with sub-freezing temps outside for much of the day), my microwave is on the verge of breaking down and I can't get a replacement delivered (meaning I'll have to pay for Uber to get me to the store and back), and for the second time a medication I ordered through the mail has been returned because I am considered deceased (no, guys, it's just my soul that's dead).

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Today has been an absolute shitshow. My apartment has no heat (with sub-freezing temps outside for much of the day), my microwave is on the verge of breaking down and I can't get a replacement delivered (meaning I'll have to pay for Uber to get me to the store and back), and for the second time a medication I ordered through the mail has been returned because I am considered deceased (no, guys, it's just my soul that's dead).
How is being declared dead a mistake that happens twice?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I finally installed a new laser in my Xbox 360 disk drive after months of waiting for the part and then just getting around to it... and it still didn't work. Before I ordered the part I had been screwing around with the height of the rails it's mounted on and I thought maybe, despite the fact that I had thought I got them back where they were initially set they were off a little. So I was trying to adjust it with the thing apart and the magnet that holds the disk steady just sitting on top, and making small adjustments each time. Well after about 10 tries the magnet shifted and Halo 3 got a deep scratch in it. Immediately I realized how dumb I was in testing with that game rather than something garbage like Kung Fu Panda or Hail to the Chimp. After that I pretty much gave up, but my dad kept looking at videos on Youtube. Eventually he came across the video about how to install the laser again and pointed out that I needed to remove a ball of solder from the circuit board. Oops. I did see that in a video when I ordered the stupid thing about 5 months ago but had completely forgotten and hadn't bothered to look up the video again thinking "how hard could it be?" Suffice it to say that it reads the disk perfectly now. Doh!

Now to buy some extremely fine grit sandpaper so I can resurface Halo 3 -_-

Edit: also bought a new mouse because I wrecked my old one's circuit board the 4th time I swapped out those garbage micro switches I got. I got a G502 which is apparently a newer model than the G602 I had previously. I really don't understand how companies work out numbering. It's pretty nice... except for the fact that the software doesn't support Windows 7 so I can't customize any of the buttons or shut off the stupid flashing lights. Great. On the plus side I can add or remove up to 12g of weights which will presumably help me in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Currently having our roof redone. The constant sound of a thousand people being body slammed over my head has only being going on for about 10 minutes, and I already want to kill myself. It's going to be a long day.

EDIT: and our cat is freaking the fuck out. Inconsolable.

Last edited: