Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, been thinking about this thread idea for a while and didn't know if/how I wanted to do it, but seeing as how the entire forum seems to have gotten extra spicy over the past couple of weeks, decided it might be a good time to take a trip aboard the...

Complain Train!

So, couple of ground rules before you take your seats:
1) Keep it light (no politics/religion, that sort of thing, plenty of other threads for that)
2) We are operating a strict "No bad-mouthing people in the room" (no complaining about other forum users).

And outside of that, go nuts (well, within reason still).

So as some may have figured out based on comments I have made here, I work as an auto tech at a dealership. Nice job, but the A/C is fucking terrible here. The 'Dutch Oven' I refer to as my location is here, because as I'm sitting here typing this, the temperature inside the repair shop (IE where I work) it has passed out 107°F. You can take a bottle of water from the fridge, and if you leave it out for like 10 minutes, it doesn't just get 'not cold anymore', it gets actually hot, like it's been in the microwave for a little bit. Plus if that wasn't bad enough, the gloves I wear on the job to not get oil/grease/shit everywhere I wear them for 2 mintues, and by the time I take them off my hands are literally soaking wet from sweat, to the point of my fingers actually getting pruny.

Also, trying to post this and other comments, my phones auto correct feature fucking sucks shit. It works perfectly fine, right up until the point you mess up and try and do a backspace, this somehow makes my phone think that the new letters I typed are a completely different word and will auto complete it unto the end. For example, say my big fat fingers mistyped literally up in my first complaint, I went back to fix it, when my phone decided that what I had actually wanted to type was litreally. It usually means if I flub a word on accident that I have erase the whole word and try again from scratch (this is also why a lot of my edits usually just say words/spelling).

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Chopping at underbrush with a machete in the woods in a Texas summer after a rain has made them all steamy makes you wish for a nuclear winter, as they say.

For me, that was Wednesday.
Yeah, as bad as summer out here in Arizona gets, as much as it is a meme at this point, but dry heat is definitely way better. At least you can hide in the shade and be a little cooler.

Why be on a complain train when you can be on a Monster Train!?

Because, then we can complain about how it isn't the Monster Train.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Bus drivers need to learn to drive carefully my butt hurts from how many times I accidentally jumped due to a bumpy ride!! Choo choo I suppose.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I have to keep the air conditioner too low to keep the air temperature itself low so that I can get enough oxygen distributed to my cells when I breathe but then I am freezing my ass off because of it and have to put sweaters and blankets on because it makes me freeze so there is no such thing as comfortable anymore. To make it worse, it frreezes everyone else in the house which irritates me more so when someone else complains to me that they are cold I just get mad about them being annoyed since my only choice is to either not breathe or have me and everyone else freeze. I feel bad for making them freeze but it just makes me mad because I can't do anything about it regardless.

THEN I have always been someone who hates to have stuff on me when sleeping, I only slept with just a light sheet for most of my life, so now I have to sleep with blankets and it bothers me so much to have them on me like they are trapping me that sometimes in my sleep it makes me dream that someone or something is holding me down and I panic and I attack the blankets with my feet and my man thinks it is funny and makes fun of me when I am tearing up the bed and don't even realize I am doing it. THEN I get mad because he made fun of me and want him to shut up his face when laughing because it wasn't very funny to me. This whole needing cold air to breathe thing is more irritating than people realize even when you have access to the cold air.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lately I seem to get incredibly depressed at random intervals, but like when I finally bother trying to talk with someone about it, it goes away completely and I'm just left feeling awkward for complaining over what now seems like nothing and that's really annoying.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
So I can't tell the full story because it involves politics to some extent, but apparently I'm becoming a crazy person that approaches random people to tell them about how we are all doomed!
I don't know how this has happened, I'm normally too shy to say a word to a stranger yet today I felt a need to announce to everyone on the street that we're all doomed and why I think that is and why they are all wrong.

So basically give it a few days and I'll be this:

AND I'M BLAMING THIS ON YOU GUYS!!!
How could you do this to me?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So I can't tell the full story because it involves politics to some extent, but apparently I'm becoming a crazy person that approaches random people to tell them about how we are all doomed!
I don't know how this has happened, I'm normally too shy to say a word to a stranger yet today I felt a need to announce to everyone on the street that we're all doomed and why I think that is and why they are all wrong.

So basically give it a few days and I'll be this:

AND I'M BLAMING THIS ON YOU GUYS!!!
How could you do this to me?
Sounds like you need to relax a bit. Like put on some good music, eat a pineapple and strawberry icee snow cone and do something to take your mind off of it.Either go snorkeling or like make a fruit sculpture or fix a bike or something you enjoy!:D

Oh and lay off drugs that make you worry.

Last edited:

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Sounds like you need to relax a bit. Like put on some good music, eat a pineapple and strawberry icee snow cone and do something to take your mind off of it.Either go snorkeling or like make a fruit sculpture!:D

Oh and lay off drugs that make you worry.
I'm mostly joking, I just interrupted a conversation to tell them they were wrong and we're all doomed because there's no possible solution, to be fair they had been staring at me during the whole conversation, but yeah I normally would never do that, so it was weird I was also incredibly flustered afterwards but also grateful for masks.
I also don't blame you guys at all, that was just a goof, I'm currently under a lot of stress from a lot of sources, so I probably just lashed at those people because they were staring at me, which very much makes me uncomfortable as well as talking nonsense, I didn't insult them though, I hope no one recorded that nonsense though even with the mask my friends & co-workers would totally recognise me.

But yeah, I need to find a way to relax, i haven't been able to do it in a while, I actually don't live by the beach anymore so snorkelling is out of the question, maybe trying arts & crafts should work since writing seems to get me stressed nowadays, music hasn't helped me relax at all so I need to find something else, maybe something good to read.

As for drugs, well the only thing I'm doing are sleeping pills to prevent insomnia other than that I don't actually do drugs, like I haven't even tried pot much less any hard drugs, certainly never done psychedelics I barely even drink, I think I've ever been drunk 5 times and it has been at least 8 months since the last time I was drunk and that was only like tipsy, I've only ever been really drunk twice I think, so perhaps the solution would be to do drugs instead.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm mostly joking, I just interrupted a conversation to tell them they were wrong and we're all doomed because there's no possible solution, to be fair they had been staring at me during the whole conversation, but yeah I normally would never do that, so it was weird I was also incredibly flustered afterwards but also grateful for masks.
I also don't blame you guys at all, that was just a goof, I'm currently under a lot of stress from a lot of sources, so I probably just lashed at those people because they were staring at me, which very much makes me uncomfortable as well as talking nonsense, I didn't insult them though, I hope no one recorded that nonsense though even with the mask my friends & co-workers would totally recognise me.

But yeah, I need to find a way to relax, i haven't been able to do it in a while, I actually don't live by the beach anymore so snorkelling is out of the question, maybe trying arts & crafts should work since writing seems to get me stressed nowadays, music hasn't helped me relax at all so I need to find something else, maybe something good to read.

As for drugs, well the only thing I'm doing are sleeping pills to prevent insomnia other than that I don't actually do drugs, like I haven't even tried pot much less any hard drugs, certainly never done psychedelics I barely even drink, I think I've ever been drunk 5 times and it has been at least 8 months since the last time I was drunk and that was only like tipsy, I've only ever been really drunk twice I think, so perhaps the solution would be to do drugs instead.
Believe me, I understand how it can be to be surrounded by numskulls and have to fight the urge to smack them upside the back of their heads and say " WTH is the matter with you idiots?!" but I refrain from doing so and usually politely dismiss myself from the area as it usually isn't going to help anyone to start cracking heads over their dumbassery.

Working on something artistic usually helps me too. I enjoy doing a great variety of arts but have been too sick lately to do much of what I enjoy, but I always find I am usually happiest and most satisfied after I complete something I enjoy making. I love to paint, draw, build furniture, leatherwork, beadwork, sheet metal art, sculpting.. you name it I love to do a variety of things. Maybe you can take your mind off some of the awful things we are having to deal with going on in this world right now by having a creative outlet. Sometimes it helps me to rant about these things getting under my skin on here so I don't wind up yelling at my neighbors, and then do something I enjoy to lift me back up again.

Depending on what medications you are taking for your sleep, some medications such as Ambien can have some pretty weird side effects and some people should not take it at all. My Dad could not take it at all or he would have hallucinations, crazy irrational behavior, lashing out at people, and sleepwalking. So be careful with that just in case you start to notice any of the weird side effects:

I get terrible bouts of insomnia as well but due to my other medications I avoid sleep medications and opt for other soothing options such as soup, tea and my heating pad to help me sleep instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kae

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
This forums character count limit on posts is way to small for my BIG BRAIN THOUGHTS damnit.
1000X ^THIS^ That and the broken emojis. Like if you quote a post where the emoji was typed in but then it converts it so when you try to reply or edit a post it won't let you post it unless you convert it back to text yourself or delete it.

Reactions: Kae

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
1000X ^THIS^ That and the broken emojis. Like if you quote a post where the emoji was typed in but then it converts it so when you try to reply or edit a post it won't let you post it unless you convert it back to text yourself or delete it.
Oh shit! I forgot about rule 2, I hope the mod team doesn't find m-

*USER PERMA-BANNED*

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Believe me, I understand how it can be to be surrounded by numskulls and have to fight the urge to smack them upside the back of their heads and say " WTH is the matter with you idiots?!" but I refrain from doing so and usually politely dismiss myself from the area as it usually isn't going to help anyone to start cracking heads over their dumbassery.
I normally don't give a shit about anything they have to say, that's why it's weird, pretty much the only times I confront them is when they are purposefully annoying like that time some door-to-door preachers said they needed to speak with me specifically because I look like the kind of person that needs religion the most, that pissed me off and I told him off, but like unless directly confronted I normally don't even care.

Working on something artistic usually helps me too. I enjoy doing a great variety of arts but have been too sick lately to do much of what I enjoy, but I always find I am usually happiest and most satisfied after I complete something I enjoy making. I love to paint, draw, build furniture, leatherwork, beadwork, sheet metal art, sculpting.. you name it I love to do a variety of things. Maybe you can take your mind off some of the awful things we are having to deal with going on in this world right now by having a creative outlet. Sometimes it helps me to rant about these things getting under my skin on here so I don't wind up yelling at my neighbors, and then do something I enjoy to lift me back up again.
I'm not very artistic at all, but I like to mess around with stuff every now and then, a new temporary obsession should probably work.

Depending on what medications you are taking for your sleep, some medications such as Ambien can have some pretty weird side effects and some people should not take it at all. My Dad could not take it at all or he would have hallucinations, crazy irrational behavior, lashing out at people, and sleepwalking. So be careful with that just in case you start to notice any of the weird side effects:

I get terrible bouts of insomnia as well but due to my other medications I avoid sleep medications and opt for other soothing options such as soup, tea and my heating pad to help me sleep instead.
I know you said this out of concern but in that article you linked, that last side effect of doing chores while asleep, that sounds like the best thing ever, just wake up and my chores are done that sounds great.

But yeah, it's weird getting used to sleep at normal hours after I had spent months sleeping once every 2 or 3 days, I tried other stuff too but I don't know the insomnia got pretty bad a few months ago, it's actually under control now I haven't been taking pills this week because I get sleepy on my own lately but it was absolutely terrible just a few weeks ago.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I normally don't give a shit about anything they have to say, that's why it's weird, pretty much the only times I confront them is when they are purposefully annoying like that time some door-to-door preachers said they needed to speak with me specifically because I look like the kind of person that needs religion the most, that pissed me off and I told him off, but like unless directly confronted I normally don't even care.

I'm not very artistic at all, but I like to mess around with stuff every now and then, a new temporary obsession should probably work.

I know you said this out of concern but in that article you linked, that last side effect of doing chores while asleep, that sounds like the best thing ever, just wake up and my chores are done that sounds great.

But yeah, it's weird getting used to sleep at normal hours after I had spent months sleeping once every 2 or 3 days, I tried other stuff too but I don't know the insomnia got pretty bad a few months ago, it's actually under control now I haven't been taking pills this week because I get sleepy on my own lately but it was absolutely terrible just a few weeks ago.
When I had my worst bouts of insomnia, I would be vacuuming or using power tools at 3-4am and people would think I was insane. HAHA! Too bad I wasn't actually asleep when I was cleaning though, probably a good idea that I was actually awake while using power tools as that could have been a horror movie in the making..

I am glad you have yourself on a cycle right now, I know that can be hard to keep sometimes when it kicks in so I am happy it is working right now. I too have been lucky to start falling asleep at a reasonable time and I think that if gets that bad where you can only sleep once every couple of days you definitely need some assistance at that point. Only using them when you really need them as a last resort rather than taking them regularly helps cut back on the side effects as well.

Reactions: gorfias and Kae

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
OT: I am complaining because I talked about how well my insomnia has been over the last couple of days and now I can't sleep! Almost 4 am and is eyeing power tools again* XD

Reactions: gorfias and Kae

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
More COMPLAINING!
When you order a band new box of 3D Analog Joystick Sensor Modules and then find out that 3 in a row straight out of the box ALREADY have drift after soldering them on so it goes like this: solder one on. let it cool. test it . It is jacked. Remove the solder. Solder another one on. let it cool because now the board is even warmer than before. Test it. It is jacked. REMOVE THE SOLDER ANGRILY. solder one on. Let the board cool. TEST IT. OMFG NOT AGAIN><WTF IS THIS HAPPENING. Take a break and swear for abit.. Calm down. Come back. REMOVE THE SOLDER. Inspect the board thoroughly. SOLDER ANOTHER ONE ON. TEST IT. FINALLY!! But still are pissed because they ripped you off with a bunch of defective parts but just glad you didn't fry the board RAGE soldering..

Last edited: