Christina Grimmie, former "The Voice" Finalist, shot and killed at 22

Nov 28, 2007
This is just a shame, and sad as well. Christina Grimmie was apparently signing autographs after a concert in Orlando, FL, when someone shot her 4-5 times, and killed himself after Christina's brother tackled him.

Link [http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
...And apparently the man who did it drove there from another city just to murder her. Dead at 22, good grief.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
I heard about this after work a few hours ago and man, you just can never get into the mind and mentally of everyone. The unpredictability of others can be a scary thing. Who wakes up in the morning and just go, "today, i will kill someone." Maybe not those words but that thought.

My thoughts go out to her family and close ones. Hope her brother can get all the help he needs after witnessing his sister being killed infront of him.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Definitely one of those "Why?" murders. She didn't just piss off the wrong stranger, this guy came after her. I cant imagine anything even close to resembling sane reasoning here.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Jesus Christ, Eren Yaeger was right, some people are "just rabid dogs in human skin"! I mean, what was this guy even thinking, if anything?!

And while I might not be a fan of The Voice, but I still give sympathy to her family and friends.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Parasondox said:
I heard about this after work a few hours ago and man, you just can never get into the mind and mentally of everyone. The unpredictability of others can be a scary thing. Who wakes up in the morning and just go, "today, i will kill someone." Maybe not those words but that thought.

My thoughts go out to her family and close ones. Hope her brother can get all the help he needs after witnessing his sister being killed infront of him.
Maybe because this person had personal reasons to do it?
Yes, any kind of reason to kill a person is not ok at all [without getting in many details], but I think maybe the killer had a solid reason [for him] to shot her.
RIP and I hope for an Afterlife without pain and sadness.

Nov 28, 2007
SweetShark said:
Parasondox said:

Maybe because this person had personal reasons to do it?
Yes, any kind of reason to kill a person is not ok at all [without getting in many details], but I think maybe the killer had a solid reason [for him] to shot her.
RIP and I hope for an Afterlife without pain and sadness.
According to the police, Christina Grimmie and the shooter did not even know each other.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'll never understand the 'super fan' whose convinces themselves the death of their celebrity of choice is the correct course of action.
Its like loving the Iron Man movies so much you murder RBJ, or loving Warhammer so much you blow up GW HQ. Some neurons are certainly miss-firing.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Silentpony said:
or loving Warhammer so much you blow up GW HQ. Some neurons are certainly miss-firing.
Seriously, they'll just use it as a reason to double the cost of all their products!

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Gun control debate that will go to shit incoming in 3...2...1...

OT: Jesus. To think that someone younger than me (and I'm barely in my mid-20s) was killed in such a senseless way. What is there possibly to say? I hope her family and especially her brother will survive through this. Seeing your sister killed, only to get to her killer and have him escape punishment at the last moment has got to be beyond traumatizing.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh dear, that is pretty terrible news. I feel for her family, especially the brother. That is not something easy to experience, it can change people. Hopefully they will get the help they need during all this. Cool last name. Might name a pet that. I do often worry about some of our nicer celebrities visiting across the pond with such a combination of poor mental healthcare awareness and the gun stuff. Tis scary to think of the various fanatics that can find any reason to kill and so easily carry out their plan if so inclined. You can take Cameron though, nobody likes him. Even his own mum.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Yeah, I heard about this on Philip DeFranco's video. It's fucked up, really. Just someone wakes up one morning and decides it's time to murder someone that they've only seen on TV
bartholen said:
Gun control debate that will go to shit incoming in 3...2...1...
I like to think that the people here at the Escapist are above debates on gun control. Gender politics, no. But gun control? I'd say so. Youtube, on the other hand, is not. Tasteless people saying tasteless things as far as the eye can see. It was sickening, really.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Obsession is dangerous. I hesitate to call it a full on mental illness because most mentally ill folks are not actually outwardly violent, only violent when they feel defensive (rightly or wrongly). However I'm only speculating, but sometimes people aren't taught how to handle their emotions, or never learn for themselves, and they let said emotions fester into something horrible rather than good and the results are quite terrible.
Sometimes people see famous people and mistake their presence in their lives as a personal connection. Its no excuse for this, and its terrible when these things happen. I just hate to see people use the goto of "he was mentally ill" which further stigmatizes a mostly harmless section of the populace as ticking timebomb killers.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
*Sigh* apparently there's always room for a little more death in this world.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Fucking sad this happened. I gotta wonder what major malfunction this guy had to do something this horrible.