Christmas Jumpers!

Dec 14, 2009
"But Daystar it's Novembe-" You shut your whore mouth, you ain't me mam, I do what I want!

The festive season is rolling up on us like a steamroller full of Christmas cheer, sugary foods, tinsel, and poor choices at the annual office party.

With that in mind, there's a tradition here in the UK where everyone wears the worst (or amazing) Christmas related jumpers.

We all have them, folded in the wardrobe, awaiting the time where they might reign gaudy fashion over the masses.

This is mine.

Fucking amazing huh? I bet you're well jelly like, and if you're not, I swear on me mam I'll duff you up.

TALKING IS OVER. SHARING IS NOW.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'm afraid this is a tradition that's passed me by. Maybe I'll change that this year.

So, what d'you think?

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
It's not even Thanksgiving yet you damn Limey! *shakes fist*

I need to have eaten at least a pound of squash, a plate of turkey, and a small slice of pumpkin pie before we can get all christmas up in here.

OT: I don't think I own a single gaudy christmas sweater, just normal sweaters. If there's any clothing tradition for me on christmas at all it's wearing sweaters like so

And my boxers with snowmen on them. Sometimes I'm wearing actual pants, sometimes pajama bottoms (the only time of the year), and sometimes just the boxers. I like to mix things up you know? I'm interesting like that...

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I never get these ugly Christmas sweaters that I hear so much of

Either my grandmother loves (or hates me) or I'm just missing out on all this Christmas cheer

Santa-senpai, pls *^*

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
PsychicTaco115 said:
I never get these ugly Christmas sweaters that I hear so much of

Either my grandmother loves (or hates me) or I'm just missing out on all this Christmas cheer

Santa-senpai, pls *^*
Ditto. I've also never had Fruit cake, egg nog, or roasted chestnuts. My christmas fare involves lots of chocolate milk and that's really the only thing different about what I do minus the tree, lights, and presents.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've never had a Christmas jumper. :(

*sad violin music plays*

I am but a poor Irish girl and no one has ever bestowed a Christmas jumper upon me.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
This is girl code, Daystar, she's dropping you a hint. She wants the ugliest, Christmasist, gnarly jumper as a Christmas present. Preferably the wonderful colour combination of red and green, with jingle bells on and little cotton balls. And she's gonna look so fetching and she wants to go to the pub in it on your arm.

OT: erm, I don't have a Christmas jumper. The closest I have is this

one which I bought myself last Christmas.

I actually want something like this or one of the other geeky jumpers they have out. Might get one in a couple of weeks.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Why on Earth would I describe myself as a Christmas Jumper? I don't avoid Christmas like some people might, I love Christmas!

Oh I'm sorry, its British for sweater?

Dec 14, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
I've never had a Christmas jumper. :(

*sad violin music plays*

I am but a poor Irish girl and no one has ever bestowed a Christmas jumper upon me.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.
If you're a good girl, maybe Santa will bring you one ;3

EeveeElectro said:
Colour Scientist said:
This is girl code, Daystar, she's dropping you a hint. She wants the ugliest, Christmasist, gnarly jumper as a Christmas present. Preferably the wonderful colour combination of red and green, with jingle bells on and little cotton balls. And she's gonna look so fetching and she wants to go to the pub in it on your arm.

OT: erm, I don't have a Christmas jumper. The closest I have is this

one which I bought myself last Christmas.

I actually want something like this or one of the other geeky jumpers they have out. Might get one in a couple of weeks.
Like a cushion with vomit on it. I like it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The last time I worn a Christmas jumpers was many years ago when my mum knitted me one as a kid (that's her hobby). I never liked wearing jumper cos they leave that mark on your elbow when you press them onto something!

In saying so my bro was wearing one last year since there were fashionable (popular). I think the one he bought was from NEXT (Clothing retail).

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I love terrible Christmas jumpers, 100% unironically. The festive tradition of adorning one's torso with smutty, low-brow bullshit is perhaps the only aspect of this pandering holiday I actually celebrate.

Long live awful jumpers, for they shall one day rule us with a fist of despotic tyranny.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Um, I don't have one, so I guess I win...?

Then again, it's not that cold where I am that would warrant one. That and I'm not a huge fan of sweaters.

The most I have is sweat pants, and they are awesome.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
After looking at these sweaters, I regret not having one.

I do have a pub-crawl T-shirt what has Dinosaurs pretending to be Kiss the band, while someone wrote comments with a white marker on the back that questions my sexuality.

I think it still smells of the Long Island Iced tea I spilled on it.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Do hoodies count?

Huh, maybe I'll just buy a Santa hat and act apathetic about everything.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Why is it that my first thought when reading the term "christmas jumpers" was of some sort of upcoming suicide pact?

The American term for them would be "Cosby Sweater", Ben Cosby was known for wearing the ugliest sweaters known to man. One of my friends and I spent years going through second-hand and donation stores trying to find ones for a yet to be realized Cosby Sweater and mullet night, but nothing really eye-catching as of yet.