Christmas movies you watch EVERY year

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Home Alone 1&2 (and none of the follow up abortions)
Scrooged (Bill Murray... BILL MURRAY!!!)
The obligatory A Christmas Story
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation ("Kiss my ass, kiss his ass, kiss your own ass, happy Hanukkah" "Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the tylenol?")
Santa Clause trilogy (I'm a Tim Allen fan...)
There's more, but those are the core.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I don't really have one, but if I were to make it a tradition I'd pick this one:

It's absolutely beautiful. Go check it out if you haven't already.

And of course, Die Hard. Because c'mon.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Not a movie, but since three years ago, I've rewatched the first Christmas episode of The Simpsons every time the holidays come along.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
For Chinese Food and Movie day I plan to watch The Interview this year.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
With my kids: Muppet Christmas Carol (Though since my VHS went belly up I cannot find the complete version so Scrooge's story lacks heart.)
I love Die Hard, Gremlins, Scrooged, and Bad Santa though.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
I always watch several from the following list: A Christmas Story, Die Hard, The Rankin Bass Christmas movies, MST3K version of Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, Santa Clause, The Nativity Story, The Avengers (60s spy show) Christmas Special, and the Addams Family Christmas episode. It's just not Christmas without Jesus and Diana Rigg!

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Damn, I don't think I could watch any movie every year, let alone Christmas movies. There are only a handful of Christmas movies I like;

Jack Frost (1998)
Nightmare Before Christmas
Muppets Christmas Carol
Miracle of 34th Street

and even then I couldn't watch any of those every single year. I don't think I saw any of them last year though so it'd be nice to a see a couple of them again.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Beaten to it as well, but Die Hard is my Christmas movie.
Apart from that my mom and I have a tradition of always watching Ivanhoe on the first of January(they show it on TV yearly). Missed it a couple of times due to alcohol and waking up in strange places, but when I'm able to I always rush home in time to watch it.

And, well, Donald Ducks Christmas Special, but all of Sweden watch it on Christmas. For real.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Huh, not too many people watch the classic Christmas movies.

Well, I usually watch:
A Christmas Carol (1951)
A Wonderful Life (1946)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

And maybe the Rankin/Bass Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

I'm sure not too many people have seen The Bishop's Wife, but it's a really good movie starring Cary Grant as an angel who comes to help a Bishop who is trying to get a new cathedral built. It's just a really nice feel-good movie and should be more well known than it is.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I usually just binge watch ABC's old stop motion Christmas specials circa 1975. That and I tend to find a version of A Christmas Carol to watch too.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Definitely ones that I love watching every year.

A Christmas Story
How The Grinch Stole Christmas(both the animated one and the live-action one)
Home Alone 1, 2, & 3
Fred Clause
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Rudolf and The Island of Misfit Toys
My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
Rugrats "The Santa Experience"
Spongebob Squarepants "Christmas Who?"
Danny Phantom "The Fright Before Christmas!"
My Life as a Teenage Robot "A Robot for All Seasons"
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy "Jingle Jingle Jangle"

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
norwegian goose said:
Not celebrating christmas, so none.
Don'worry, you're still invited, to dinner. XD

OT: For me it has to be mostly what everyone said but for clarification, I love to play videogames like Goldeneye and Dungeon Seige while watching these shows:

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Both Grinch Movies
Die Hard
Rudolf and The Island of Misfit Toys
The Guardians
Polar Express
A Muppets Christmas Special
And a Charlie Brown Christmas

CitizenM

Oct 16, 2014
Bad Santa (2003)
Scrooged (1988)
Home Alone (1990)
Die Hard (1988)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
Christmas Vacation (1989)

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
A mixture of actually Christmas Movies and a few set in or around the Christmas period.

-Elf
-Home Alone
-Muppet Christmas Carol
-Bad Santa
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Tokyo Godfathers
-Die Hard
-Iron Man 3
-Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
-Groundhog Day (not set during Christmas but was always on television when I was a kid during Christmas and any excuse to watch a Bill Murray is a bonus)

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Its not a movie as such but I watch the xmas episode of Bottom every year.

Apr 5, 2008
A quick aside about Polar Express...I'm one of the folks who found it too eerie to watch. The lifeless eyes and facial expressions place it firmly into the 'uncanny valley'. It's closer to a macabre puppet show that's too difficult to watch.

As for Christmas movies, I do enjoy seeing what's on over the holidays but usually I do a trilogy of my choice. I might do all BttF films for example, or LotR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc. I make a day of it and watch three films back to back (with breaks of course). I haven't decided what trilogy I'll do this year as yet...any suggestions would be great, particularly if it's less obvious.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Pink Gregory said:
The Muppets Christmas Carol.

It's Michael Caine's finest hour. And the TV version usually cuts out the song that doesn't have any Muppets in it.
So much this. It's not christmas if I haven't seen it at least three times before the day. Which reminds me, I haven't seen it once yet...

Marathoning the original Star Wars trilogy is a bit of a tradition as well, sometimes Lord of The Rings as well, if we're ever too drunk or too stuffed to move off the sofa and there's nothing better to do.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Well, since I'm Norwegian, there's always a couple of movies that'll be on TV, that I try to catch.

Three Wishes for Cinderella (Which is Czechoslovakian, I think, which should say something about the age seeing as there is no Czechoslovakia anymore).

and "Reisen til Julestjernen", which I can't find an official translation of, but it's a movie from the 70s based on an older screenplay, IIRC.

Oh, and Gremlins. Gremlins is a Christmas movie, right? I mean, it takes place duuuring Christmas. The Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas movie is pretty neat if I remember to check when it's showing too.

So yeah, it's tradition. Especially the two first ones, as they show during the day on Christmas eve, when we're sort of just waiting for stuff to happen either way. Besides, I've watched them for as long as I can remember, as they're both like, twice my age >_>