Christopher Lee Effect

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
So, I have this theory. There's no such thing as a bad movie, as long as Christopher Lee is in it. He's in so many good movies, and he's got such chops as an actor, that by extrapolation he makes any otherwise bad movie inherently good, solely for the fact that he's in that movie. So, what do you think? Does this make sense or is it senseless blathering? I'll leave the examples supporting or debunking this up to you.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Christopher Lee is amazing. I hope that when I die and my life is replayed to me, it is narrated by him.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Christopher Lee as in, Saruman?
He's a wonderful human being.

And have you heard his goddamn band?!?!?!?!

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Lee was in the Long Range Desert Group (one of the precursors to the SAS) and the SOE (early MI6) during WW2; he is therefore, de facto awesome.

Edit: I think he was also the only cast member of the recent LoTR films to have actually met Tolkien.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Wasn't he Dooku? Don't many people dislike the Star Wars prequels?

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
I agree, Christopher Lee is awesome and any movie he plays in can't be bad. I point you to Howling 2.
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Christopher Lee as in, Saruman?
He's a wonderful human being.

And have you heard his goddamn band?!?!?!?!
Charlamagne: The Sword and The Cross. He also worked with Raphsody and ManOwar.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Sorry to ruin this, but he was in the Willy Wonka movie. I know. Also, The Man With The Golden Gun. They both sucked, but I do love him. Although...he was really the only reason they weren't total shit. Just all horrible, except his scene.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
The Christopher Lee effect is what women feel when they simply cannot resist having rigorous intercourse with the man they just laid eyes on.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jack the Potato said:
What are these "prequels" you're going on about? Everyone knows the final Star Wars movie was released in 1983.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Jack the Potato said:
You're not getting the point. He's in those movies. Therefore, they cannot be bad.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
IndianaJonny said:
Lee was in the Long Range Desert Group (one of the precursors to the SAS) and the SOE (early MI6) during WW2; he is therefore, de facto awesome.

Edit: I think he was also the only cast member of the recent LoTR films to have actually met Tolkien.
He also was present at the last use of the guillotine in France when he was a teenager. Just adds to his macabre provenance as a horror actor.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The Charlie and the Chocolate factory remake would like to have a word with you. As would Captain America II (1979), Gremlins 2: The new batch (1990) and Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994).

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
monstersquad said:
IndianaJonny said:

He also was present at the last use of the guillotine in France when he was a teenager. Just adds to his macabre provenance as a horror actor.
Oh yeah. He's very strange. This is why I think we like him. He's just...different. Most actors set what's popular. He doesn't care, he does his own thing.

Feb 13, 2008
Canid117 said:
The Charlie and the Chocolate factory remake would like to have a word with you. As would Captain America II (1979), Gremlins 2: The new batch (1990) and Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994).
If you say Gremlins 2 is a bad movie, I shall have to ask you to step outside, Sir!

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Jack the Potato said:
True, but he was an admitted bright spot, of sorts, in two otherwise mostly bad films.

Though... I actually didn't mind the third prequel so much. It wasn't as bad to me. :eek:

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
And hey, he is THE prototype geek, he reads Lord of the Rings on an annual basis and frequently exchanged letters with Tolkien himself when he was still alive.

Captcha: nditurcu predict,

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Canid117 said:
If you say Gremlins 2 is a bad movie, I shall have to ask you to step outside, Sir!
Oh shit I put Gremlins 2 on there. I was just copy pasting off IMDB and must have grabbed the wrong one.