Christopher Lloyd Signs on for Back to the Future Games

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Dioxide20 said:
That guy is still alive? He was looking really old at the end of the third movie.
Ironically, he was "only" 52 when the third movie was made. Infact, he is currently 71, which means he could still have many more years to go before his time comes.

Speaking of age, voice acting or otherwise, I think Michael J. Fox is probably too old at this point to be able to reprise his role as Marty McFly. So I expect that they will choose a replacement. Let's hope they pick someone suitable, beacuse people can get touchy about this subject.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
As someone who is a massive fan of the BTTF Trilogy I sincerely hope they do better than Ghostbusters. I had massive fun in my youth with the BTTF 3 game (Fave levels being the Shooting Gallery and the Pie-Tray "shootout") and really want to see the game do well.

I secretly hope to take control of the DeLorean although pedantry insists I point out that 88mph is about as much as you can hope for from the car unless it's been souped up. The standard car managed a fairly feeble top speed of around 105mph due to a wank engine and heavy body. Add all the time circuitry and a big fat lead-lined nuclear reactor and you have all the speed and maneuverability of a dead whale on a hoverboard. That said if Doc Brown can make a time-machine I am fairly confident he can install a 57i Kit and get the chip remapped.

Wardy
PS I thought the DeLorean looked mighty sweet with those white-wall tyres!

saxostev

Jul 19, 2010
OceanRunner said:
Hmmmmmmm... Games based on franchises that were released years ago (regardless of quality) don't tend to do well.
I don't know man, that Ghostbuster game was pretty well received when it came out a year ago, so you might be proven wrong. Also Telltale has been putting out some hit games as of late so the property is in capable hands.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Digikid said:
Hmmm....I would absolutely LOVE a BTTF game series but not in that cartoony form. I want it REALISTIC.

Someone has already DONE it!!!

There you go. You have the engine and the graphics. PERFECTO!!!!
I think I'm going to need a new pair of pants.

While I would like to see something like a Sandbox game (imagine the implications) I'm just hoping that it doesn't suck like the BTTF 2&3 - the video game.

Dioxide20 said:
That guy is still alive?
He was in Piranha 3-D.

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
ShadowKirby said:
SomeBritishDude said:
John Funk said:
Frankly, if they made a Back to the Future game and it didn't have the DeLorean, there would probably be riots.
I don't know, I wouldn't have minded the time traveling steam train.

Actually I would have prefered the steam train. Wasn't the DeLorean destroyed? I'm assuming this is set after the trilogy otherwise it doesn't make a great deal of sense...
Maybe they use the train to go back in time and save the DeLorean.
Why risk getting the DeLorean and meeting themselves, causing even bigger problems having your mother fancy you, when they have a time machine already?

It could just be a different version of the same universe. Like how Batman has about 50 different versions.
Or perhaps (shock, horror!) they build another DeLorean? ;)

Gunsang

Jun 7, 2010
I wish this would turn out great, but I already know it won't.

Edit: I agree with the scary looking man above me.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Telltale + awesome property + people who wrote original screenplays = surely good?
Yep, I think they can deliver. I mean they haven't failed me yet, so : "Go Telltale!"

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Telltale?

I'm sold. They've been nothing but goodness to a beleaguered old Point and Clicker such as myself, and seeing their name on anything is a guarantee of quality for me.

Normally, I'd be a lot more skeptical, but this is actually quite exciting.
I was chatting about this on another thread the other day: about movies that SHOULD be made into games. The reason I?m optimistic is that it?s not tied into anything that?s releasing (unless there?s a BluRay version coming out (please let there be a BR version coming out) so it?s not stuck on another project?s schedule.

My idea was that it should be an open world type game. Every era uses the same map but obviously has major differences in buildings and content.

Oh, and to play along: Who's governor of California when this game is announced.
-Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Arnold Schwarzenegger?! The Actor?! I suppose Rick Moranis is vice president. Ally Sheedy is secratary of state. Don Jhonson must be secratary of the interior.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Oh great scott, this is heavy.

I think i might check this out, BTTF is one of the best film series of all time.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
I filled out a survey for this.

The majority of proposed concepts were poor.

But the good news is that Part 1 is being re-released in 3D in my local cinema on October 1st.
Ugh. I hate the idea of "3D-ized" movies that were shot in 2D. It's like colorizing black-and-white films; it can only come out looking unnatural. It's not like they can go back in time (heh) and add a second lens to the camera.

Tom Phoenix said:
Speaking of age, voice acting or otherwise, I think Michael J. Fox is probably too old at this point to be able to reprise his role as Marty McFly. So I expect that they will choose a replacement. Let's hope they pick someone suitable, beacuse people can get touchy about this subject.
The good news is if they do, Telltale will probably find a good match. The guy they got to replace Peter Sallis as Wallace was amazing. I swear I couldn't tell it was a stand-in.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
Great Scott Marty! In the future they're going to make a video game about us.

What do you mean Doc they already made a couple for the NES.

We don't like tot talk about those Marty.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
I'm surprised no one has brought this up, but...a time traveling duo in adventures presented in an episodic format? Gee, I wonder where I've seen this before...

Doesn't mean I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon for this...especially if they got Christopher Lloyd for them. This is gonna be awesome...

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
rockyoumonkeys said:
Isn't Telltale the company that makes the Lego games?

If they made this Lego Back to the Future, it would be awesome. Otherwise, it'll suck.
I'm certain that Traveller's Tales will do that before long.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I worry. This game has the potential to be great but I imagine that the chances of royally screwing up are astronomical. This is heavy, indeed.
Digikid said:
So cool! That'd make for an AWESOME BTTF game!