Chronicles of Cataclysm: The Death of the Barrens (Chat)

Arec Balrin

Feb 26, 2010
Any other PvP-minded WoW players feel Blizzard still neglects it and some of these world-PvP features are six years late? They were terribly half-hearted in previous expansions.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008

They may take our land, but they may never take our FREEDOM!

To arms, my brethren, to arms! Defend the lands of your fathers!

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
I hated Barrens chat. It was was just a collection of incredibly irritating people spamming my chat box with what they must have considered to be humour. My biggest fear for the game is that it will make a return come the expansion.

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
Contun said:
HTID Raver said:
awww... i loved making stupid jokes in the barrens :*(
Don't be sad, this just means there's double the Barrens chat.
OMG! Is it like a double rainbow?! Sorry, I had to get that out there first.

Arec Balrin said:
Any other PvP-minded WoW players feel Blizzard still neglects it and some of these world-PvP features are six years late? They were terribly half-hearted in previous expansions.
I think Blizzard has always been PvE first and the PvP was kind of put there to keep some of the other players happy-ish. I did like the concept of WinterGrasp though. It made the people that wanted to do the PvE instance have to play in PvP.

Who cares if another player kills out. All you have to do is make sure you took someone with you. You will respawn and it doesn't cost you money.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"Where's Mankrik's wife?"
"under mankrik, lol"

As someone who leveled two Horde characters through the Barrens BEFORE there was even a flight point at Camp Taurajo, I definitely understand the love/hate relationship with it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they change and how it affects my characters (yeah, I'm an RPer).

...wait. Something happens to Camp Taurajo? Ohhhhhh, somebody's getting an axehead to the skull for that....

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Ah Barrens. No matter how exciting they try to make you, the old Barrens will always stay near and dear to my heart. So many memories, stories, and fun from that place. If you just saw an uninspired landscape with boring repetitive quests then I'm afraid you missed out on the Barrens experience.