Chrono Trigger Symphony: Volume 1 Gets Release Date

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Chrono Trigger Symphony: Volume 1 Gets Release Date

Musician Blake Robinson will be releasing his Chrono Trigger orchestra album on August 22nd.

Just in case OC ReMix's epic <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125607-OC-ReMix-Releases-6-Hour-Final-Fantasy-VI-Album>Balance and Ruin album wasn't enough to scratch your itch for retro game music, musician Blake Robinson has revealed that he'll soon be releasing Chrono Trigger Symphony: Volume 1. The album, which will be comprised of unique arrangements of music from the classic RPG, should become available through Loudr and iTunes starting on August 22nd.

Robinson, who uses professional grade music software to replicate live instruments, has dedicated himself to the production of videogame music, both new and existing. Some of his past work includes cover songs, soundtracks for indie games, and a pair of albums based on the music of Super Metroid and Banjo-Kazooie. Chrono Trigger Symphony will be the most expansive project he's ever undertaken, with Volume 1 expected to be only the first of "several volumes" necessitated by "the sheer amount of content in the soundtrack."

No matter how many albums he puts out, Robinson will probably be able to count on an eager audience for his arrangements. Chrono Trigger is widely regarded as one of the best RPGs to grace the Super NES and, since its release, has developed a dedicated fanbase likely to eat this sort of content up. Those same fans better be ready to pay, however. Robinson went to the trouble of getting an official license for his arrangements, meaning he has the legal right to sell his work for a profit. Judging by the preview he's released however, the music will be well worth it.

Source: Chrono Trigger Symphony

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Man, it's amazing what some people can do with FL Studio(I couldn't get the hang of it). I'm not sure I'd want the whole set of albums but there are several songs I'd really like to get from this.

Sing

Aug 6, 2013
Can't wait!

Chrono trigger is one of the best RPG's ever made with one of the best soundstracks ever made.(Biased? Nostalgic? what'cha talking about?)Replayed it quite recently and I must say it has aged very well considering it's been out for 18 years. Would be nice if Mr. Robinson here kept going and realesed "Chrono Cross symphony" aswell because that game also have awesome music.

Now, if only Squeenix would contine the chrono series...

...Or maybe not considering the last Sci-fi/JRPG/Soap-opera/Corridor simulator they have been releasing.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
And here I was hoping Chrono Trigger was getting a new remake on PC. Because that would be something I really want.

Chrono Trigger music, I remember bits of it, I like what I remember so I will definitely be getting this.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
You know there's an OCRemix album called chrono symphonic?
http://chrono.ocremix.org/
It's been floating around for 7+ years and is definitely worth a listen, the whole thing is also on youtube.

But this is pretty cool, the clips in the trailer sound very impressive I will certainly be following this, Chrono trigger having hands down the best soundtrack of any game I've ever played.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
My favorite game of all time ever, with a soundtrack in the top 5. I'd like...love to see this performed live by a full orchestra. A transcendent journey to age 8 it would be.

Sep 9, 2007
Cool! Symphonic remixes are something that I've been interested in for a while now, so I'm looking forward to this. Although it will be interesting to see how it compares to Chrono Symphonic.

StewShearer said:
Just in case OC ReMix's epic <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125607-OC-ReMix-Releases-6-Hour-Final-Fantasy-VI-Album>Ruin and Rebirth album wasn't enough...
I hate to be pedantic, but its called Balance and Ruin, not Ruin and Rebirth.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
TheEvilCheese said:
You know there's an OCRemix album called chrono symphonic?
http://chrono.ocremix.org/
It's been floating around for 7+ years and is definitely worth a listen, the whole thing is also on youtube.

But this is pretty cool, the clips in the trailer sound very impressive I will certainly be following this, Chrono trigger having hands down the best soundtrack of any game I've ever played.
I suppose the real highlight is that it's a licensed work. While I love the reimagining OCRemix did(Fav is Revelation of Fire), I've been wanting an orchestral version of the original music for quite a while.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Holy goddamn, I fucking love technology and the internet. I never could have imagined this would be real. Where previously you would have needed an entire symphony orchestra, now one person with the appropriate software skills can do. A must buy for me.