Chrono Trigger

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Okay, so my second favourite game of all time is Chrono Cross. I just loved that game, I played it non stop along with the spyro games on my PS1. However, for one reason or another I never played Chrono Trigger. I guess I just thought that I'd be greatly disappointed if it wasn't as good as my favourite game at the time, plus I didn't have my SNES.

I just want to know, is it worth me now getting the Chrono Trigger remake for DS? Also, which did you enjoy more, Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger?

Fusoiya

Mar 6, 2010
aawww hell yeah, I loved it. bought it first day and owned it completely

only played Chrono Trigger DS tough, so can't compare em. Twas pretty sweet tho

Chrono/Ayla/Frog combo ftw

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, as a Cross fan myself, finally playing Trigger left me bitterly disappointed, tainting my opinion on the game. The two games are alike in name only.

Trigger is a fine game, but if you're going in expecting ANYTHING similar to Cross, you'll be sorely disappointed.

I mean...Trigger doesn't have Greco, the psychic luchadore detective thing.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
It's nothing like Chrono Cross, but it's still pretty good.
I'd get it for the DS instead of the SNES, like you planned, too.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, as a Cross fan myself, finally playing Trigger left me bitterly disappointed, tainting my opinion on the game. The two games are alike in name only.

Trigger is a fine game, but if you're going in expecting ANYTHING similar to Cross, you'll be sorely disappointed.

That's what I was worried about, I don't want my experience tainted. I think I might pass on Trigger tbh.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
Chrono Trigger is probably one of my favorite games from that generation. I would recommend it, but don't go in expecting anything. I find most gaming experiences to be more enjoyable when I don't let myself get hyped up about something.

Belvadier

May 17, 2009
Wow -- so much Chrono Trigger hate was unexpected! They are both absolutely incredible games. Did I end up enjoying Cross more? Yes. But they are both different experiences, though I would say they are roughly equal in the amount of fun they each provide.

Do yourself a favor and play Trigger and then play Cross again. They share far more than this thread has let on...

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

I played Chrono Trigger and loved it. I bought cross, expecting it to be like Trigger, it was upsetting. I just couldn't get into Chrono Cross.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
warrcry13 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I played Chrono Trigger and loved it. I bought cross, expecting it to be like Trigger, it was upsetting.
See?

It's all a matter of what you played first!

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
warrcry13 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I played Chrono Trigger and loved it. I bought cross, expecting it to be like Trigger, it was upsetting.
See?

They must be really different then.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
warrcry13 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

See?

lol it does seem to be going in that direction doesn't it?

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I liked Trigger, never played Cross.

There are a lot of people, though, who view it as the best RPG ever made. It's charming, but it's pretty old too and IMO doesn't hold up to a lot of newer games.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
This is something I've spent a lot of time on. I talked two a number of people who have played both Chrono games and almost all of them, including me, say that Trigger was a better game than Cross. It's what you prefer I guess but a lot of them said that one thing that turned them off from Cross was the complete "fuck with your mind" story.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Should you play Chronor Trigger?

...[/youtube]

Well, I guess that depends. Do you hate yourself?

...[/youtube]

Because if you do, you probably shouldn't.

Otherwise, Yeesssssssssss.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
YES, play Trigger! I liked Cross, but it's nowhere near as much of a masterpiece as it's predecessor.