Civilization V Offers New Strategic Combat

xishtarx

Dec 1, 2007
I am so looking forward to this game! And i sincerely hope they go with Leonard Nimoy for the voice over again! :)

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
xishtarx said:
I am so looking forward to this game! And i sincerely hope they go with Leonard Nimoy for the voice over again! :)
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void." Ohh so amazingly awesome. I'm with you in hoping this.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I'm excited now. I just need to get a manlier computer that can handle the game. The one I have now can't even handle the ground textures for Civ 4. I just have units, cities and terrain floating on a black void.

Didn't stop me from playing it, though.

Sep 14, 2009
wow im baffled in awesomeness..

but at the same time im skeptical if i will truly like these changes

the hex grid sounds awesome

but the no religions and no stacking worries me a bit on the combat...

so i guess we will see

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Sounds great, too bad that I won't be paying for something that forces me to have steam.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Bold to take civ in a new direction, but I have doubts about the choices they made.

One swordsman per iron resource is stupid. Now if they limited the number of swordsman produced at the same time, that might have made some sense, but not this.

This is going to make resources trivial. Either there will be alot of them on the map making it unimportant if you miss one, or there will be very few advanced units in the game, making the techs worthless.