Classic Alien Vs Predator Gets Multiplayer on Steam

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Oh this is going to be fun. It's quite strange to see a dev add content for an 11 year old game though. Unless it's Ultima.

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
Chadling said:
Wait, wait, wait. Are we talking about the game that came out before Aliens vs. Predator 2, published by Sierra, developed by Monolith? You see, I loved the sequel; I played the multiplayer to death.

How does the original compare to the sequel?
rembrandtqeinstein said:
If you haven't played it first time around you owe it to yourself. It has more pants peeing moments than any other shooter. The single player as marine or alien is totally stressful because you die really quick and there are no fixed spawn points. To the marine every alien is superfast and superfatal. There were no fixed light sources and, at least before gold, no save points.

The original perfectly captured the feel of the movies, AVP2 was a pale comparison. When I attacked people with the alien my friends would ask each other "Where did he come from?" and the answer that I most heard was "Everywhere."

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Sooooo worth the $5.

I recall Adam Sessler talking about this quite a long time ago, and this is the first I've heard of it sense. Well worth the money.

I'll try the multiplayer when I can.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I still have it and recently installed it again, ahhhh so good... I might buy it again so I won't need the CD.

Looking forward to the new AvP... high hopes.

Gonad23

Aug 3, 2009
I really want to play the multiplayer but I don't have any friends who have steam. If anyone wants to add me so I can check out this multiplayer it would be much apprechiated. Gonad23

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
[HEADING=1]SQUEEEEEE![/HEADING]

Hey, I have my name for a reason :)
Gah, a horrible way to go.

Really, having an alien-monster vagina stuck to your face easily cracks the top 5.

Varewulf

Nosgoth Fanboy
Oct 22, 2009
I am still kinda disappointed it's the makers of the first AvP and not AvP2 who are making this new game... but it still looks like it will be awesome. AvP2 is still one of my favourite FPS games of all time, though. :)