Cleaning out that fridge

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sup?

How you doin'? Probably better than me since I think I'm getting sick, but whatever.

Anyways, lunch time rolled around and I was feeling too lazy to leave the house and grab some food, and cereal didn't appeal to me. I opened the fridge and just stared into it. Nothing much going on in there, and neither was my pantry. Naturally, the next step was to call for some take-out, but my wallet was lacking and I didn't feel like going online to do this. Laziness, ho!

To make this stupid story short, I decided to clean out my fridge by making whatever I could find to hopefully make something good, or at least decent. And lo, I made a scramble that was pretty rad.

So, my question to you lovely people is this: what have you guys made that was just scrapping stuff together that turned out pretty awesome? Or not awesome? Whatever, I won't judge.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Ah, yes, I'm so familiar with the "check fridge, find nothing appealing, lower standards, repeat" routine. XD

Wait, is that jam and butter on toast with scrambled eggs and olives?

That's uh, that sounds, am, delicious.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
my whole family now loves a seafood soup i first made 10 years ago by throwing basically everything edible i had in my fridge in a pan and boiling the shit out of it.

basically just a combination of veggies and a cheap seafood mix but the proportions and cook time as well as the spices are now a family secret.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
Ah, yes, I'm so familiar with the "check fridge, find nothing appealing, lower standards, repeat" routine. XD

And I'll have you know there was spicy sausage too, and it was awesome.

You're just jelly that what I had was great. :p

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:

Jam and butter is bad enough but with everything else?

I worry about you sometimes. XD

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Olives? Yes, good. Very good. You should buy more olives for your refrigerator. And that's a nice plate, but your kitchen counter should be a source of shame for your entire family line.

Is that jam? Did you put jam on your FU-
Code:
[color=crimson]*barbas.exe has crashed*[/color]
Mmm, that looks good. I like to make everything into pies, but it's all good with eggs and potatoes. Or, considerably more often, in a sandwich because I'm so fuzzy-headed that I can't put food in thing to make meal out of toaster.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:

What's wrong with jam and butter on toast?

It's great!

And I don't know how you Irish roll, but some of us over here don't put eggs and whatever else on toast.

Shit stays separate. :p

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:

It's great!

And I don't know how you Irish roll, but some of us over here don't put eggs and whatever else on toast.

It's icky.

I believe that's the scientific term.

Oh, you poor misguided Americans. Eggs and toast need to be together, bound together in perfect and infinite unity.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Barbas said:
Olives? Yes, good. Very good. You should buy more olives for your refrigerator. And that's a nice plate, but your kitchen counter should be a source of shame for your entire family line.

Is that jam? Did you put jam on your FU-
Code:
[color=crimson]*barbas.exe has crashed*[/color]
Mmm, that looks good. I like to make everything into pies, but it's all good with eggs and potatoes. Or, considerably more often, in a sandwich because I'm so fuzzy-headed that I can't put food in thing to make meal out of toaster.
Yes, that is jam on toast.

Weep and dispair! >:D
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:

It's great!

It's icky.

I believe that's the scientific term.

Oh, you poor misguided Americans. Eggs and toast need to be together, bound together in perfect and infinite unity.
The only time eggs should have courtship with toast is for Eggs Benedict, and anything else is unnatural.

Unnatural I tell you! XD

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Colour Scientist said:

It's great!

I agree I have had jam and butter on toast for as far back as I can remember. I thought it was just a regular thing.

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
The only time eggs should have courtship with toast is for Eggs Benedict, and anything else is unnatural.

Unnatural I tell you! XD
It's the most natural thing in the world.

It's actually in the bible, you know.

Breakfisticus 15:2

Eggs shall lieth with the toast, for it is good and full of yummies.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Unnatural I tell you! XD
It's the most natural thing in the world.

It's actually in the bible, you know.

Breakfisticus 15:2

Eggs shall lieth with the toast, for it is good and full of yummies.
Well, I guess I'm going to breakfast-hell then for being a dirty heathen.

I'm way better to be wrong than right in this case. XD

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Unnatural I tell you! XD

That deserves a thread of its own, because it's so weird and I just can't let it rest. Do you at least put cream cheese or condiments on toast?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Barbas said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Unnatural I tell you! XD

That deserves a thread of its own, because it's so weird and I just can't let it rest. Do you at least put cream cheese or condiments on toast?
If by condiments you mean peanut butter and/or Nutella then yes.

Cream cheese goes on bagels, yo. :p

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Barbas said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Unnatural I tell you! XD

Nutella? Peanut butter and Nutella???

It's worse than I thought. Yes, cream cheese on bagels, though. Lovely with salmon, but not mackerel. >_<

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Barbas said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Barbas said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Unnatural I tell you! XD

Nutella? Peanut butter and Nutella???

It's worse than I thought. Yes, cream cheese on bagels, though. Lovely with salmon, but not mackerel. >_<
I think you peeps are gonna have to just accept that you just have weird ideas of toast.

I mean, I still like each and everyone of you, but you people do strange things with toast. :p

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Once I had nothing but peanut butter and Wheat Bix, I combined the two and it was great.

I have lots of cans of tuna and lots of cashews. I decided to lazily just throw them both in a lunchbox for work. I like the mix of fish taste and crunch, with a dash of Mayo.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I think you peeps are gonna have to just accept that you just have weird ideas of toast.

I mean, I still like each and everyone of you, but you people do strange things with toast. :p
Oh my god, oh my god, Fiz, oh my god. I just thought of something while you were talking:

Sardines on toast. In tomato sauce. Possibly with lemon.

Are you writing this down? Just stop what you're doing, it's not important!

[HEADING=2]DELICIOUS FISHES![/HEADING]

[small][sub]Isn't this about the time of year I normally send my mind back to the workshop for cleaning...is that blood? Oh dude, is that what my blood looks like? Ew, it looks like jaaaaaaaaa...-*whump*.[/sub][/small]

EDIt: AAAAAAAAAAH wasabi peas!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Barbas said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Oh my god, oh my god, Fiz, oh my god. I just thought of something while you were talking:

Sardines on toast. In tomato sauce. Possibly with lemon.

Are you writing this down? Just stop what you're doing, it's not important!

[HEADING=2]DELICIOUS FISHES![/HEADING]

[small][sub]Isn't this about the time of year I normally send my mind back to the workshop for cleaning...is that blood? Oh dude, is that what my blood looks like? Ew, it looks like jaaaaaaaaa...-*whump*.[/sub][/small]

EDIt: AAAAAAAAAAH wasabi peas!
What... what are you doing with that toast?

What DID you do to that toast? I mean, did you murder something because lordy that looks gross. D:

Am I gonna have to call the proper toast authorities? Because it appears that you're abusing that poor and defenseless slice of grain, and it didn't deserve that.

YOU'RE A MONSTER.