Cliches that you don't hate, but do bug you

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Padwolf said:
Love triangles just for the sake of having one there. They bore me greatly and I just find them damn annoying. I end up not giving a damn about any of the characters involved.
This. Most are there just to add tension to the story. How about a normal romantic relationship with it's ups and downs?

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
In any RPG where the FIRST chick with more than 2 lines of dialogue is the main LI.

It kinda does get boring after a while but I understand that the character should arrive early on to get some background before "goin in for the kill" so to speak.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
How anime characters tend to never have any parents, eventhough they're still in high school.

The only shows I can name where high schoolers actually have parents are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kare Kano and one small scene in Azumanga Daioh. Other than that, nothing. And if there are parents it's usually only the main character's and only either the mother or the father for convenience sake. There's so many kids in Japan lacking parental guidance it's rather startling.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
I have two:

The first is less a cliche, but a quote: "Were not in Kansas anymore" is incredibly grating for me.

The second is the whole "Self aware android becomes kill-crazy" scenario. You'd think these scientists would put in some failsafes in case of this.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
JoshGod said:
Don't judge me.

OT
Happy endings, I don't mind them, but if they were less frequent then I would actually wonder how this film, show, book etc would end.
Holy fuck! Pedobear meets Lollipop chainsaw XD

OT:
"Lived happily ever after" stuff. Unless you kill of at least one main character by the end I don't like it as much. (and I HATE that "He died! - credits - Oh wait, he didn't!")

Main protagonist thats generally useless by himself. See couple first Harry Potter books and just about any harem romance anime as prime examples.

Kids outsmarting adult professionals. Unless they are about as "professional" as those burglars from Home Alone it usually makes no sense.