Clone Wars

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
Recently I started to watch the new season of Star wars: The clone wars. So I wondered to myself what the rest of the internet's opinion is on the show, while I think the movie was bad I quite enjoy the Tv series, particular the episodes that expand on things only really touched on by the movie's, as well as expanding the characters who got little to no screen time (Eg. Kit Fisto [Sorry if spelt wrong])

So my question to you is, What do you think about the clone wars tv show? and Why?

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
The original '03 animated shorts? Good stuff.

The '08 CGI series? From OK to Meh, not much more than Lucas squeezing the last drops of milk form a dead cow.

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
madwarper said:

The '08 CGI series? From OK to Meh, not much more than Lucas squeezing the last drops of milk form a dead cow.
They should leave the old stuff alone, and if they want new stuff just don't put lucas in charge

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
I enjoyed the Clone Wars animated series (and the film). There were a lot of times while watching it I'd go on the star wars wiki afterwards, look something up and end up losing hours reading further and further into stuff. Also I really like the way the animation was done.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I've seen some of it, and I've liked what I've seen. Getting to see some of the other Jedi is very nice, as well as old favourites like Yoda and Obi-Wan. I particularly liked Obi-Wan in the show, I'm not sure what it is about his portrayal but it just seems right.

I also love some episodes that tackle some big issues. There was one about a primitive species trying to stay neutral, doing nothing when the Separatists attack their homes. Another one featured a Clone who left the army and had a family, questioning the Clones programming and the Republic's use of them.

If this is some kid's first introduction into the Star Wars universe, then I highly approve.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I don't think highly of it due to it's pacing and setting problems. Also no matter how big or hype the episode (e.g. the Mandalore or Savage Opress) is, it's all irrelvant because the event or the characters are never mention in the film therefore it leave no impact.
If you asking why I even watch it, it's something to pass the time and the action is somewhat good (but inferior compare to Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars) A few times it can suprise me like e.g. the three episodes on Umbara.

Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars however is by far the better of the Star Wars clone wars show.

fnlrpa

Dec 14, 2010
Lizardon said:
I've seen some of it, and I've liked what I've seen. Getting to see some of the other Jedi is very nice, as well as old favourites like Yoda and Obi-Wan. I particularly liked Obi-Wan in the show, I'm not sure what it is about his portrayal but it just seems right.

I also love some episodes that tackle some big issues. There was one about a primitive species trying to stay neutral, doing nothing when the Separatists attack their homes. Another one featured a Clone who left the army and had a family, questioning the Clones programming and the Republic's use of them.

If this is some kid's first introduction into the Star Wars universe, then I highly approve.
Agree on Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto. They also had Cad Bane(who was awesome), the clone commanders and the later seasons were better than the earlier ones

jw1410

Aug 31, 2011
There are worse cartoons out there I guess. I enjoyed the '03 animated series. Watched some of the CGI stuff but not a great deal. Its not bad, keeps Star Wars fresh for the kids which is nice.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
madwarper said:

Yeah pretty much agree with you there.

Those animated shorts were really badass and it made General Grievous look like a threat.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Not a fan.

The designs are unimpressive, the writing seems simplistic and the characters are either emotionally hollow or extremely irritating.

And any hope for character development is completely pointless because we already know Anakin murders everyone shortly after the series ends.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I am glad to see them elaborate on this part of the star wars story line, but to me, there is only a few good ones. Most just seems to be "meh." The first episode though (the one with the small handful of clones defending from the spec ops droid things, if that is the first one) definatly is my favorite. Granted it has been awhile since I have seen it, but from my memory, it holds up great and kept me well interested the entire episode.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
oh i like it, i didnt hate the prequels or anything but these are better than the prequel films, yes the miniseries was good too, but i really like the characters especially the side characters, and the expansion of the star wars universe.
Also, any show with Dee Baker in it is doing something right.

Over all its pretty damn good.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So far, the fourth season has had a major string of mediocre episodes. Except for Umbara. Holy shit is Umbara good.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
madwarper said:

Yeah i also thinked about that right away. The animated shorts were such a Huge hit, that George went rushing with the piece of crap CGI series in a horrible attempt to milk the good that came out from those mini-series, and turn them bad for more profit...

I maitain my theory that the real george lucas made star wars 4,5 and 6 and was later kidnapped, and someone acctually made a clone of him to milk what was good from star wars... xD

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
(Assuming you're talking about the CGI one currently running)

It has its ups and downs. Lately, the writing has been getting better because the writers finally figured out that, in order to get a good story, the episodes should be a continuation of one another. The recent four-part Clones episode was, in my opinion, the best story so far. Take the show with a little grain of salt, knowing that it will shoots some established facts in the head--Madalorian are pacifists? Please--and it's pretty good.

The down side is that there is rarely any actual tension. This is because we already know the fate of Anakin, Obi-Won, and all the major Jedi and Sith. Therefore, episodes that deal with the Clones, Asohka, Bane, or other new characters are much more interesting. Sadly, because Anakin is so popular with kids, many episodes tend to feature him and Obi as the main characters. Therefore, any danger they're put in never feels real. Asohka's danger does because you don't know what happens to her.
Personally, I believe she's going to do something that gets her kicked out of the order. She's done a few things in the show that are boarder-line when it comes to Jedi beliefs. I can't see them killing her off, or having her killed when Order 66 comes down. What would be interesting is if she and Rex run off, because Rex can't follow through with the order and Asohka knows she's no longer safe, so they decide to watch out for each other.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
(Assuming you're talking about the CGI one currently running)

It has its ups and downs. Lately, the writing has been getting better because the writers finally figured out that, in order to get a good story, the episodes should be a continuation of one another. The recent four-part Clones episode was, in my opinion, the best story so far. Take the show with a little grain of salt, knowing that it will shoots some established facts in the head--Madalorian are pacifists? Please--and it's pretty good.
Now now, to be fair about the pacifist Mandos, the Death Watch still exists, which means that the fringe factions from the Republic Commando series must ergo also exist. Plus, those episodes were pretty damn good at showing formidable opponents to the Jedi.

Here's hoping the Death Watch episode this Friday doesn't suck.