"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
That's creepy. It would be pretty sweet if one of those girlfriends became aware and started to stalk a guy through a computer. Would make a pretty cool sci-fi horror story.

Jagji56

Oct 29, 2009
First its the thing on XBL where you pay to have some girl play games with you. Now this... WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO! SOMEONE BAN THIS SHIT! THIS AND ALL THE MOBILE PHONE BULL!

Why are there so many stupid people that seem to think we want fake girl friends? Like, WTF?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I think they missed their target audience here, they should ring up Blizzard and have this ported to WoW, make it a girlfriend summon, first make it free then add 10$ extra to the monthly fee :D

And if you do go with this idea I'll be expecting my check with a hefty sum.

Ashenrook

Mar 29, 2011
Wow... This sounds all sorts of sad and creepy. While I do understand that there are some lonely people out there, it's not a good idea to pull such a drastic ruse to people you know. A lie can only stay a lie for so long and someone who subscribes to this Cloud Girlfriend is going to be deemed pathetic and untrustworthy.

Imagine if this thing DID work and you somehow managed to land an actual girlfriend because of this... Let's hope you never tell her the truth or that she doesn't find out. Could you even imagine how weird that'd be to hear?

Also... "One purpose for the service might be to make the actual mate that users are pining after jealous, and more likely to desire them"? What? Just...no.

Jagji56 said:
First its the thing on XBL where you pay to have some girl play games with you. Now this... WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO! SOMEONE BAN THIS SHIT! THIS AND ALL THE MOBILE PHONE BULL!

Why are there so many stupid people that seem to think we want fake girl friends? Like, WTF?
I remember rolling my eyes at that pay-for-play gamer girl service... To me it just seems to perpetuate the stereotype that girl gamers are A) special snowflakes and/or B) that they are out for your cash. During my time in WoW, I have run into a few of those, however, that would revel in all this attention and be "wooed" by gifts, money, raid slots, and what not. But overall? Most women I've known who game, be it in MMOs or console games, were average and normal people. Girl gamers are hardly a rarity anymore and are far more common than one thinks.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
I would make my fake girlfriend a total whore. I'd set her up to flirt with my friends and then e-kill her. Then go to jail I guess.

Dagzus

Mar 31, 2011
Did you guys know it's not actually going to work with bots but with real people operating the girlfriends? I think it's not so much a trick or a lie, but more like a game. Like an RPG where you slay the dragon and bring home the treasure; here you're playing someone who's got an attractive girlfriend. And that confidence is always good to have, right?
http://whymothersneverdrinkhottea.blogspot.com/2011/03/cloud-girlfriend.html