"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
This is taking the old "my girlfriend lives in Canada" to the modern age; this is also dumb.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Zyphonee said:
"Due to high demand we are only able to accommodate a limited number of users to the site. Register early to get in line."

I don't even know why I still try to live here.
Look on the bright side. If this really takes off it will be a permanent drop in competition for all sane people.

Personally I can't think of any uses for something like this. If you post this fake relationship crap on facebook you're only going to make yourself miserable from all the nosy people grilling you about your girlfriend. Secondly, you might as well make fanfiction starring yourself with all the women you want if you're this desperate.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
Super Six One said:
The Rockerfly said:
Bloke: I love you
Lady: I will always love you. MEMORY DELETED
Did you just quote Futurama?

Edit: Apprently not the only one who noiced it
Yes sir, yes I did just quote futurama and it feels good
To be honest i wish more people would quote Futurama in everyday life, it would make the world a better place.......

EPolleys

May 12, 2010
At first I was horrified, then I started laughing, then I said to myself "I have to screw with people using this"

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Am I the only person that think the stereotypical nerdy basement dwellers will be the only people who DON'T use this service? I mean, those are the kind of people smart enough to know this would never pass on anybody's bullshit meters. God knows I'm an introverted nerdy guy, not totally antisocial, but never had a girlfriend and I would never even touch this service, simply because I'm well aware it would absolutely shatter ANY chances I have to appear normal.
I'm certain this will be used by the lowest common denominator types who probably can get a girlfriend and can't handle those periods of time between girls. Unfortunately for them, it will probably ruin their social life altogether when it gets out they are using it.
Maybe this means more single girls for us nerdy types, as women learn to gravitate away from the brainless macho types? Of course, this is all a theory and I'm well aware that not all women gravitate towards these kind of men to begin with. At least where I'm from, only a small minority don't.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Holy shit it's an app for nagging.
You know I don't feel that I have enough nag in my life.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Bwhahahahahahaha
Ok wow...I?m sorry but this is just sad. The only use I can think for it is to trick your friends for the lolz.

obehave_wan

Oct 20, 2008
Of course it violates the terms of service, but I still wanna try it, to mess with people.

Here's the best part: when I signed up to get notified when it starts, they say I can get in earlier if I invite friends. Doesn't it defeat the purpose if 7 of your friends know she isn't real?!

Michael O'Hair

Jul 29, 2010
An interesting concept, but can it create an artificial persona of a women who criticizes me on my Facebook wall? Specifically my being an emotionally dead man-child who plays too many video games and lives inside of my own head most of the time, and who threatens to cut off the relationship despite the fact that neither of us are participating in anything that would resemble a relationship.

I would call it: "Second Chance Quest Practice Mode".

I think it would work. Theoretically.

Okay, cloud computing, let's see you pull that one off.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
BabyRaptor said:
I may be REALLY tired of being the only single girl in the entire world (exaggeration, I know, but sometimes that's how it feels), but I'm not going to go create a fake SO. Lord of Nightmares...
Being single isn't so bad. Hell, I've been single for years, though my case is probably local to myself (I'm out of shape and I use that and my introverted nature to keep from meeting new people).

On topic, this just reminds me of that Al Pacino movie. I'm sure people will use it, but it wouldn't be difficult to tell the 'girlfriend' would be fake. This seems more like an elaborate joke than anything else.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Joanna Dark we can finally be together...well on facebook. Think my friends would notice?