Clue is the Latest in a String of Upcoming Remakes

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Let me just point out one thing: The original movie was a flop, not only commercially but critically. The people reacted to it the same way they would react now to yet another board game adaptation (see Battleship, Ouija or Candyland), as an unimaginative and unnecessary cash grab by Hollywood for scrapping the bottom of the barrel of ideas. They also reacted to the whole "different theaters have different endings" idea the same way they would react to different stores getting different preorder content, not as a charming way to invoque the feeling of a game session, but as a way to force the public to different screenings to "get the full experience", or as a way to favor some theater chains over others.

My point is, there was no way to predict back then that the movie would grow into a cult following (and it is a cult following, the audience is nowhere near big enough to make this a "sure thing"), and everything back then pointed to it being as much of a greed driven endeavor as this remake seems to be. So, in the spirit of giving something the chance to surprise me, I will give this a chance until I actually see something more tangible, like a trailer or a cast.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I felt a disturbance in the Force...

As though a million would-be screenwriters emitted a collective sob, pulled themselves together, and then said, "Will you be wanting dessert this evening?"