CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts

curty129

Jul 24, 2009
Mintycabbage said:
4 cents! The Escapist only pays me 3 cents.
Because The Escapist smells.
[sub]Oh yes I did.[/sub]

OT: And how does one save oneself from another's spam?

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Hovy14 said:
WanderFreak said:
I say Escapist.

*holds out hand*

Cough, cough I say.

If a Filipino COD spammer is worth 4 cents a post, surely I have value. I would accept waffles.
What he said, but can I has pancakes?
I would like to be paid in zoo pennies.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
George144 said:
I have enjoyed reading CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts, it was very good recommend to friends, readings good.
I legit rofled at that one. Sometimes I type lol, but I am legitimately laughing out loud right now.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
nilcypher said:
Oh, and before you ask, no, we don't do that on The Escapist.
Damn. Oh well... back to selling my soul one fragment at a time!

OT: Sounds suspiciously like the forum owner was the only one posting prior to this scheme...

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
The DSM said:
How much is 4 cents in pounds?

And yeah why dont they try spreading the word like normal people.
Current exchange rate: 1 GBP is 1.609 USD. Anyway - that could make some trolls very, very rich. We're going to see some deluxe double-arched bridges with mahogany trimming and stuff soon, methinks.

jigs160

Oct 18, 2009
i can't seem to get to the website it redirects me to google.co.uk for some reason.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Odd way to keep a site running, still... chances are that the occasional Filipino will post enough to make a few bucks every now and again, keeping the site active without losing too much money.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
In an amazing coincedence I am the complete oppisite. Filipino's pay ME to stop posting on Their forums. And their government wants to kow how I got into their private forums anyway.

(The Password is: 69Kitty )

Tempest Fox

Oct 18, 2008
You know, as a Filipino, I find it very amusing if yet slightly creeped out. Then again, I also wonder why the GTA games reference the Philippines, be it with Filipino little boys, hookers, etc. I mean, if I wanted to be a total ass, I'd raise a fuss about it, but then I'd be taking myself too seriously and could very well end up being a Filipino Jack Thompson.

And hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, why laugh at all?

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
nilcypher said:
Oh, and before you ask, no, we don't do that on The Escapist.
If anything it looks like somebody is paying your editors for their blatant platform favoritism. The only PC related news posts that are even remotely positive are the ones about the people who sponsor your contests and as far as i can remember they never said anything bad about the PS3.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I am not being paid for this post.

And everyone I've gotten in a flame war with isn't being paid either.

Two more posts, and then I'm going to the gas station to get myself a Jolly Rancher.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I say Escapist.

*holds out hand*

Cough, cough I say.

If a Filipino COD spammer is worth 4 cents a post, surely I have value. I would accept waffles.
We get badges, remember. Sure, it's not money, but it still gives us that all important sense of self worth.