CoD gets "Blunt Force" pack - it's weed themed gun skins

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Yes, this is real[footnote]http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/26/5656452/call-of-duty-marijuana-theme-pot-camo-skin-dlc[/footnote][footnote]http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/jon-martindale/call-of-duty-gets-pun-heavy-with-weed-themed-camo/[/footnote]

"Guns blazing" takes on new meaning with the marijuana-themed camouflage pattern that Call of Duty: Ghosts is now selling over Xbox Live.
I guess you gotta pander to your demographic, right?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
That's kind of awesome and also highly irresponsible considering that a lot of kids play CoD.
Seriously? Why?

I mean, I hardly think the kiddies will be made into junkies because they saw a picture of some leaf in a video game.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
For "special" operations only. Best used in battles taking place in Reggae festivals.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e6/Engineerava.jpg?t=20110422222431

"High on the battlefield just ain't no way to be, son..."

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
Zhukov said:
I mean, I hardly think the kiddies will be made into junkies because they saw a picture of some leaf in a video game.
Even worse, they'll start acting like they're into it to look cool, and it'll just be sad.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
Adam Jensen said:
That's kind of awesome and also highly irresponsible considering that a lot of kids play CoD.
Seriously? Why?

I should have been clearer. I don't think anyone will start smoking pot because of CoD. I think this is irresponsible from a PR standpoint. Not for CoD as much as for the entire gaming industry. It might become the next big controversy. TV networks are already highly anti-gaming. This is fuel for anti-gaming propaganda. We don't need that kind of controversy. They will use kids as an excuse to spout their senseless shit because the dominant stereotype is still that video games are for kids.

Mr.Cynic88

Oct 1, 2012
Oh no! We wouldn't want the kids playing a M-rated murder simulator to be exposed to the natural fruit of the earth! (/sarcasm)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Didn't they do this a while ago? Or had the weed themed tags or something, I know that this isn't the first time CoD has done something completely fucking stupid.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Zhukov said:
Adam Jensen said:
Seriously? Why?

I should have been clearer. I don't think anyone will start smoking pot because of CoD. I think this is irresponsible from a PR standpoint. Not for CoD as much as for the entire gaming industry. It might become the next big controversy. TV networks are already highly anti-gaming. This is fuel for anti-gaming propaganda. We don't need that kind of controversy. They will use kids as an excuse to spout their senseless shit because the dominant stereotype is still that video games are for kids.
Eh. Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but where I'm from people are pretty relaxed about weed. I doubt such a controversy would get a rise out of anyone, except maybe the Catholic Old Woman's League or something.

Hell, didn't they recently legalize it in parts of the US?

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Zhukov said:
Yep! Right here in my home state of Colorado. ;) Washington officially legalized it an hour after us because they're in Pacific time zone and I'm in Mountain.

It feels like so long since we legalized pot here that I forget it's not like that anywhere else in the country, apart from Washington, that is.

Anyway, I'm not going to hijack this thread into a drug discussion, so no more from me!

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I get it! I suck for playing call of duty! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! WHAT?! What do I need to play to stop feeling like I crucified jesus every time I enjoy playing COD 4 for a bit? What?

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
I'm amazed that nobody mentioned the Unicorn pack.

Apparenty they released a ton of these personalization packs around late May, which, to me, just seems like a way to bilk more money out of the Ghosts player base, and to pretend that they're injecting new life into it before the next one rolls around. This was probably overshadowed by the Snoop Dogg and R. Lee Ermey voiceover packs at the time, hence why it's 'news' now.

I want to chalk these up to the game not selling as well as they would have liked, since sales figures were lower than Blops 2, but Blops 2 also has a ton of this kind of DLC. So maybe it's just the money thing.

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
Zhukov said:
Eeeeh...? It's kind of a complicated issue. Some states have said that it's legalized to various degrees, but the federal government is still down on it. Like when your fun uncle let's you do something your parents wouldn't let you do.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Muspelheim said:
For "special" operations only. Best used in battles taking place in Reggae festivals.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e6/Engineerava.jpg?t=20110422222431

"High on the battlefield just ain't no way to be, son..."
And now I have the image of a US Navy SEALs team infiltrating a Ziggy Marley concert while doing the equivalent of Homer Simpson putting a Too Cool For This Planet pin on his dread hat.

http://coub.com/view/n7hg

I'd also throw in a bit about wearing narc mirror shades, but apparently no one wanted to upload that clip from American Dad yet.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Screw the weed crap, look at the fabulous of the unicorn pack.

If I thought ghost had any kind of staying power I would buy the fuck out of it.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
In all honesty I find it stupid (along with the whole weed "culture" in general), but more on a level of "this is so stupid that I can't bother getting worked up about it." I find it more appalling that people are apparently willing to shell out money now for simple reskins. Modding communities regularly pump out weapon skins of comparable quality for PC titles for free.[footnote]Not a member of the "PC master race," just making an observation.[/footnote]