COD: Ghosts of The Past

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
So the Assassins were behind the whole thing?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
Congrats, you hit upon the Assassins' plan (with a little help from Erudito) to make CoD increasingly ridiculousto the point of making players quit and turn to Assassin's Creed. Come to think of it, that sounds more like a Templar plot, since the party who benefits there is Ubisoft, what with the hints they've dropped that they're a wing of Abstergo.
Not G. Ivingname said:
Wait, the UNITED STATES, was reduced to ruin by an invasion by South America. Wow, that makes Russia's invasion of the US and ALL of Europe in MW3 seem realistic.
It sounds to me that CoD gave up on the "ripped from the headlines" approach and embraced the "ripped from the paranoid fantasies of extreme right-wing xenophobes".

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
JenSeven said:
Yeah, we'll let the British invade the US, but while the Americans are busy battling the British, the Dutch will sneak in and reclaim New Amsterdam!
For those of you that don't know, even old New York was once New Amsterdam,
why they changed it I can't say

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Imagine the sales figures if they released Cod: Future Civil War, where you play as the neo-Confederates. Judging from what I've seen all over the internet, this would sell very well in (in parts of the US anyway. The rest of the worl
Darth_Payn said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
So the Assassins were behind the whole thing?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
Congrats, you hit upon the Assassins' plan (with a little help from Erudito) to make CoD increasingly ridiculousto the point of making players quit and turn to Assassin's Creed. Come to think of it, that sounds more like a Templar plot, since the party who benefits there is Ubisoft, what with the hints they've dropped that they're a wing of Abstergo.
Not G. Ivingname said:
Wait, the UNITED STATES, was reduced to ruin by an invasion by South America. Wow, that makes Russia's invasion of the US and ALL of Europe in MW3 seem realistic.
It sounds to me that CoD gave up on the "ripped from the headlines" approach and embraced the "ripped from the paranoid fantasies of extreme right-wing xenophobes".
The next step would be Call of Duty: Future Civil War, where you play as the Neo-Confederate rebellion, fighting to secede from the EVIL US government (dun dun duuuuun!) that has now established itself as an autocracy and recruited an elite force of loyal immigrant soldiers to help it rule with an iron fist. That market would eat this game up in seconds.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I for one would welcome our new British Overlords :p

Parliament seems more democratic and paid for healthcare is nice too :p

I'd appreciate it if one these COD devs would start going back in time again, i would totally love a WWII shoot again with modern shooting gameplay mechanics.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Oh course the preparations for the return of the British is of course just a prelude to the next COD game where America faces it's ultimate challenge in the defence of freedom. An invasion force lead by Switzerland allied with Haiti, Costa Rica, Mauritius and Panama.

DTWolfwood said:

Democratic parliament? HA! Good one :p

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
One day we will take back the colonies.

DTWolfwood said:

I'd appreciate it if one these COD devs would start going back in time again, i would totally love a WWII shoot again with modern shooting gameplay mechanics.
Parliament is not democratic since every party is pretty much the same. And the free healthcare is a bit naff tbh. They said I didn't need a flu jab and tried to charge me £8 if I really wanted it. So I went and got it from my supermarket pharmacy which cost me £3.50. Yeah, NHS can be a bit of a joke sometimes.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Teoes said:
Awesome. Glad to know the memory of this little nation's sabre-rattling is still capable of putting the willies up the former colonies.
It's jolly good sir. We should place them all under a strict tea embargo for a spell, see how that sorts out their rustled jimmies.

OT: Ghosts story being stupid isn't it's big problem, it's mnostly just boring.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Oh course the preparations for the return of the British is of course just a prelude to the next COD game where America faces it's ultimate challenge in the defence of freedom. An invasion force lead by Switzerland allied with Haiti, Costa Rica, Mauritius and Panama.

DTWolfwood said:

Democratic parliament? HA! Good one :p
Hey voter turn out is higher in Parliaments. so it must be doing something right if yall are more willing to vote XD
Idlemessiah said:
One day we will take back the colonies.

DTWolfwood said:

Parliament is not democratic since every party is pretty much the same. And the free healthcare is a bit naff tbh. They said I didn't need a flu jab and tried to charge me £8 if I really wanted it. So I went and got it from my supermarket pharmacy which cost me £3.50. Yeah, NHS can be a bit of a joke sometimes.
I did not say free. I said paid for. I pay twice for health care. I take it you don't. I have a Medicaid Tax and Health Insurance. I'd like to just have to pay for it once.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Calling it now: CoD 11: The Great North Strikes. Canada, long jealous of America's freedom and LIBERTAH, declares its invasion of America.

'We're gonna invade you, if that's alright.'
'Nah, rather you didn't.'
'Oh alright then. I was just asking. I'd hate to impose.'
'It's fine. At least you asked.'

*roll credits*

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Blue Hero said:
JoJo said:
Blue Hero said:
Where's the joke? I'm looking, but I can't find it. I can't find any witty joke or punchline.
It's playing on the trend over the last few COD games for the scenarios to get increasingly unlikely: from a civil war in the Middle East and Russia, to Russia actually invading the mainland U.S, and then to South American countries invading the mainland U.S. The joke is that the comic is taking the ridiculousness even further, by making the next game scenario an attack by the 18th century British.
But like, where's the actual joke? Where's the funny? I can't find it.
Humor is subjective. What makes sense to you and is funny to you isn't funny to others. It's funny to me because the joke is that Homefront was stupid, this is STUPIDER, and the possible only way to be even stupider is to have the brits invade. That's the joke.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
MCerberus said:
JenSeven said:
Yeah, we'll let the British invade the US, but while the Americans are busy battling the British, the Dutch will sneak in and reclaim New Amsterdam!
Well, people just liked it better that way.

I'm not entirely sure how the dutch would sneak in though, what with all those wooden shoes

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
MCerberus said:
JenSeven said:
Maybe people just liked it better that way?

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Kalezian said:
The Cheezy One said:
You will feel the true power of passive-aggressive sarcasm!

...Unless you ask us to leave politely. Then we have no choice but to return to the UK, and drink tea and eat scones.
Im sorry, but Im pretty sure Canada isn't in the UK.

.... wait, does Canada even have a military?

For, like, fighting wars and stuff.

They do?.... Does Canada know?
Who's talking about Canada? Redcoats, sarcasm, passive-aggressiveness, tea and scones usually points to one nation (consisting of a subset of other nations) in particular.

And Canada probably doesn't need an army. They just apologise, and when you turn your back to leave, they strike...

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I'd pay to see modern redcoats invading.

like, seriously, redcoats were kick-ass for their time, modernise them (keep the accent and lingo) and you're set.

CAPTCHA: tickle the ivories
so...indian allies... or protagonists?!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
I hope they don't try and silence me....

I'm not sure they've actually changed where they've ripped their stories from, so much as the media has entertained all this stuff for too long. I mean, seriously, we can complain about Fox Nes, but when the "extreme liberal bias" networks like CNN and MSNBC are still reporting on Obama's birth certificate and his supposed plans to steal our guns or lower our guard for a foreign invasion, maybe we just have to accept that fantasy IS the headlines.