CoD is a very good game, we wouldn't be discussing it if it wasn't.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
The last few days I have seen about ten threads with discussion about CoD. Most slamming it, but some are either neutral and the minority are praising it. Now, i've seen threads that go into deep discussion about the games campaign, would we be seeing those threads if CoD was the shovelware title that many people point it out to be. Look at all the CoD games, there hasnt really been one that was universally accepted as bad. Im not saying bad as in, its ruining the games industry because no innovation! Im saying bad as in proper bad, bad controls, bad gameplay and bad graphics. There hasnt been one.

Look at the recently released Battlefield 3, it had a single player campaign. It was as generic a single player game as there can be. It is just a way to show off the graphics without the frustrations of multiplayer. There has litterally been no threads yet discussing the single player campaign, none talking about the characters and none talking about what happened. Whereas i'll bet that when MW3 comes out there will be threads discussing the characters, the plot and the set pieces. That is because CoD is a good game, people can give it flack for not innovating but when you get down to it. There would never of been CoD haters, CoD defenders and Battlefield fanboys attacking CoD if CoD 1 and CoD 3 were unmemorable and bad games.

You see people asking why there buying MW3, but you never see threads asking why people buy Sniper Ghost Warrior.

My question to you escapees is. If CoD was a technically terrible franchise, would any of you even be talking about it?

[EDIT] Deleted so I can keep my sanity.

[EDIT zwei] People seem to be missing the point, this isn't a piece of logic that can apply to anything, its a piece of logic that applies to CoD and CoD only.

[EDIT drei] tl:dr. If CoD was a crap game, would it be discussed and hated upon as much as it is?

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
son there be a storm brewing

also I agree Cod is rather good and the BF campaign looks abysmal from what I'v played of it multiplayers still good tho.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
It's not bad. It's just that each game is rehashed from one another. You could literally release a DLC pack with the same amount of content each new installment brings.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
IF CoD was bad (come at me bro) i would still play it... i give every game that is interesting enough a chance IE: Brink
also i love your title (come at me again bro)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Terrible concept for a thread title. People talk about Dragon Age 2 constantly, but it's about how bad (they think) it is. I personally loved it, but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I can't wait to play it. Definitely NOT getting it on release day, and probably not even any time soon, because I'm getting Skyrim, CEA, and most likely Skyward Sword next month. My plate is relatively full.

And, well, did you play the Battlefield 3 single player yourself, or are you judging it on, what? The amount of people that aren't talking about it? Unless you've experienced it yourself, you're being almost as bad as the very MW3 haters you're calling out...

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
cyrogeist said:
IF CoD was bad (come at me bro) i would still play it... i give every game that is interesting enough a chance IE: Brink
also i love your title (come at me again bro)
I have no reason to come at you? OOOHHH you mean all the CoD attackers will probably come at you.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Tell you what, take back Black Ops and World at War (I'll be nice to Modern Warfare 2), release the maps as updates, and maybe release the game later on at a reduced price. and Voila! You have Team Fortress 2, a game that has been updates for four years (and still on going) and not completely ripping off its fanbase with multiple $15 map packs + releases year after year and will now charge for the privilege of stat tracking.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
Terrible concept for a thread title. People talk about Dragon Age 2 constantly, but it's about how bad (they think) it is. I personally loved it, but that's neither here nor there.

Personally, I can't wait to play it. Definitely NOT getting it on release day, and probably not even any time soon, because I'm getting Skyrim, CEA, and most likely Skyward Sword next month. My plate is relatively full.

And, well, did you play the Battlefield 3 single player yourself, or are you judging it on, what? The amount of people that aren't talking about it? Unless you've experienced it yourself, you're being almost as bad as the very MW3 haters you're calling out...
Well, I cant play Battlefield 3 since Im British. I got my info from various reviews and playthroughs, pretty much all of them agree that the singleplayer is rubbish.

As for your other point, there was quite a few threads about DA2, but pretty much all of them were complaining about how bad it was. There was none where they discussed the story and none where there was flame wars between people who adore the game and people who hate it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Wow, that's awesome logic. I guess natural disasters that kill thousands of people are good too. If they weren't, we wouldn't be discussing about them, right? Right?

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
"Hitler must have had some good ideas or else people wouldn't still be talking about him..."
ill just leave this here

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
I think the problem that CoD has is the same one as Twilight. Not a question of quality, CoD is pretty much the best at being a modern, multiplayer focused military FPS and Twilight is trash.

It's the pedestals they're put up on. If 'Twihards' weren't so rabid about it, people wouldn't mind Twilight so much, like they don't mind other tripe such as Jersey Shore or Mills & Boon books.

Likewise, CoD is kind of a punching bag for people who're sick of/never interested in shooters of its ilk. So when people are down on CoD, I think they're really just beating on modern FPS's in general.

They're leaders in their field and the most talked about ones, so they're the ones that bear the brunt of the criticism, regardless of criticism.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
I agree. Although I dont really care for the CoD series, I still have fun playing it splitscreen with three friends. I enjoyed the online multiplayer too, when I did try that. And the parts of the campaigns of the games I've tried were really exciting and well-designed. And I cant imagine playing through the entire campaign in say Black Ops and feel like I've wasted (INSERT NUMBER HERE) hours of my life.

The worst bashers of CoD, though, are the ones who actively play any game in the series. I've lost track of how many times I've heard "MW2 was a broken mess" or "Black Ops is inbalanced crap" or the like. I find that hard to believe, if you look at the review scores any of the games in the series have gotten.

People whined about how crap MW2 was when it came out and praised MW, and now (probably the same) people go on about how amazing MW2 was and how shite Black Ops is.

Well, I dont know. Shiit. I just spent almost four hours on a watercolor painting. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
No, CoD is solidly designed. But it isn't good by any stretch. Main problem is mainly how the game degrades itself so everyone, can play it with little hardship.

Also, these guys ninja'd me again, DAMN!

Zacharious-khan said:
"Hitler must have had some good ideas or else people wouldn't still be talking about him..."
ill just leave this here
Adam Jensen said:
Wow, that's awesome logic. I guess natural disasters that kill thousands of people are good too. If they weren't, we wouldn't be discussing about them, right? Right?
DAMN YOU JENSEN AND YOUR AUGMENTATION NINJAING PPPEERRRKKK!!!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Why are people so determined to hammer home their own views on certain games? Particularly CoD?

Im sure its been.said before, but if you enjoy it then bully! If you dont then dont buy it and quit moaning on the internet about it.

Im not saying the OP doesnt have possibly valid points about the BF3 single player, but im sure most people out there know and buy BF for its multiplayer, which is generally outstanding.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
I've had fun with every Call of Duty campaign, there always are some really nice parts. Battlefield campaigns on the other hand, are ridiculously boring from start to finish. There wasn't any excitement or fun levels at all.

Anyways, people hate on Call of Duty because it's popular, simple as that. Yeah, every game doesn't change much, so what? The formula works very well and there are much more people that enjoy it than those who don't. Look at any other popular game series and you will see the same.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
It certainly does make a good deal of cash. It functions well as a FPS, so, yes, it's not really a bad game at all. I rather enjoy the campaign, though, multiplayer is entirely too quick and chaotic for my taste.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Zacharious-khan said:
ill just leave this here
Now lets not get off topic. My logic is applying to CoD and CoD only, it's not supposed to be used in other things. Taking really serious stuff like Hitler and Disasters and applying them to logic thats aimed at a game is not a good way to argue.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
ToastiestZombie said:
ZeroMachine said:

Well, I cant play Battlefield 3 since Im British. I got my info from various reviews and playthroughs, pretty much all of them agree that the singleplayer is rubbish.

As for your other point, there was quite a few threads about DA2, but pretty much all of them were complaining about how bad it was. There was none where they discussed the story and none where there was flame wars between people who adore the game and people who hate it.
Alright, that's fair. But I must be behind the news, Britain isn't getting the game? o_O

And trust me, there were some flame wars about DA2... I had to force myself to stay out of 'em. Pain in the ass, they were.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
ToastiestZombie said:
ZeroMachine said:

Alright, that's fair. But I must be behind the news, Britain isn't getting the game? o_O

And trust me, there were some flame wars about DA2... I had to force myself to stay out of 'em. Pain in the ass, they were.
Nah, we can still get the game but we have to wait till the 28th. I was just using Battlefield 3 as an example, you could put pretty much any other multiplayer focused game with a truely bad campaign in its spot. FYI, I have preordored BF3 and will be getting MW3. I will probably love both of them, here I was just trying to make a point.

PS: Go watch Total Biscuit's WTF is of BF3's singleplayer.