COD: Vanguard trailer

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So they surprisingly released some multiplayer gameplay. That was quick.

Looks really like more of the same. A little too much of the same. Are armor plates really a thing they had in WWII? Oh, and there's "destruction", which looks embarrassing. Wooden boards, how cutting edge.

Despite using the same engine as MW, it has none of that game's graphical improvements, sound design, fresh ideas, and little touches that really made me want to try out a CoD game after years of staying away. I guess the cycle continues.
I have to say, I hate the look of the holographic optics on the guns.

I get that they feel like they have to add optics like that because a lot of people don't like iron-sights, but they could at least try to make them period appropriate. They could have just had some low power scout scopes or something instead to simulate the kind of sight picture you might get with red dot instead of just adding holographic dot sights to WWII guns.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I have to say, I hate the look of the holographic optics on the guns.

I get that they feel like they have to add optics like that because a lot of people don't like iron-sights, but they could at least try to make them period appropriate. They could have just had some low power scout scopes or something instead to simulate the kind of sight picture you might get with red dot instead of just adding holographic dot sights to WWII guns.
Ditto. This looks bonkers.

This is what World at War tried, back in 2008, for the 4x "ACOG", and the Red Dot sight, respectively,

waw.png

From memory, Battlefield 1 also did a decent job at period-appropriate sights.

I have no idea who/why they thought modern-looking red dot sights were a good idea. They completely clash with the aesthetic of WW2 - and even look more modern, than the ones featured in a lot of Modern Military shooters.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So they surprisingly released some multiplayer gameplay. That was quick.

Looks really like more of the same. A little too much of the same. Are armor plates really a thing they had in WWII? Oh, and there's "destruction", which looks embarrassing. Wooden boards, how cutting edge.

Despite using the same engine as MW, it has none of that game's graphical improvements, sound design, fresh ideas, and little touches that really made me want to try out a CoD game after years of staying away. I guess the cycle continues.
Looks, and plays like a last-gen game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Are armor plates really a thing they had in WWII?
Most body armour in world war 2 did use plates, but body armour for infantry was very rare as the plates were heavy and not particularly effective against guns of the time.

Anyway, yeah, it looks bad.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Huh, it looks like the campaign will feature multiple fronts and will break down into smaller stories, like in BF1 or COD: WAW. I mean it's still a COD game and I won't expect any groundbreaking writing, but at least the devs are acknowledging there were battles other than Post-Norway Western Front. Particularly interested in stallingrad.

Hoping for a wide variety in a maps as well. I mean think of the potentials here
I love being a nerd, loving this stuff. It is good to be us.