CoH or just Co?

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
I've been playing City of Heroes for a while now and I was wondering how its cousin, Champions Online, plays and if I should give it a try. Has anyone here had the pleasure of playing both and if so, could you recommend one of them. I can't play both, I don't have the money or time and if I do play CO I intend to pay for a subscription since I don't like the archtypes (Read: classes) the game offers.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I've played Champions Online. It's pretty meh, but I don't really like MMORPGs. Creating a hero is super fun, but they make you pay for the best classes. Don't get me wrong, the classes that are free are pretty good, but most of the characters I had in mind when creating the game belonged to the payable classes.

I've had some fun with it, but it's a little frustrating at times and not the exciting action game I wanted.

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
mazzjammin22 said:
I've played Champions Online. It's pretty meh, but I don't really like MMORPGs. Creating a hero is super fun, but they make you pay for the best classes. Don't get me wrong, the classes that are free are pretty good, but most of the characters I had in mind when creating the game belonged to the payable classes.

I've had some fun with it, but it's a little frustrating at times and not the exciting action game I wanted.
Same here, most of the classes I came up with require the freeform class maker. How is the combat?

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Harkwell said:
mazzjammin22 said:

Same here, most of the classes I came up with require the freeform class maker. How is the combat?
Very much like WoW. Recharge times and canned animations. Not very exciting.

But you get to fly around the city, which is the most childish fun I have had in a while.