Colin Farrell Says Warcraft Script Is "Really, Really Cool"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Colin Farrell Says Warcraft Script Is "Really, Really Cool"

Colin Farrell admits that he's read the script for the Warcraft film but says he doesn't know what's happening with it.

A rumor went up in September [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128040-Colin-Farrell-May-Star-in-Warcraft-Movie] that the devilishly sexy Irish actor Colin Farrell might play the lead role in the Warcraft feature film being directed by Duncan Jones. It was "inside sources" and a "50/50" likelihood and all that - about as far-removed from "carved in stone" as you can get, in other words.

In an interview with IGN, however, Farrell admitted that he has in fact read the script, and he seemed to quite like it. "Duncan was cool. I sat with Duncan for awhile and read the script, loved the script, and we was as cool as can be. I don't know what's happening with the film. I don't know where they are in the process," he said.

Warcraft itself doesn't seem to be much of a draw for him, though. "Not at all, no," he said when asked if he's a fan of the game. "The script was just really, really cool, and it's just a world that I never explored - and it's a really big and fantastical world. I can't imagine what he, being as visually gifted as he is, Duncan, and what he did on Moon with, like, a dime, I can't imagine what he'd do with this Warcraft."

Warcraft is scheduled to arrive in theaters on December 18, 2015.

Source: IGN [http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/16/colin-farrell-talks-warcraft-movie]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I haven't seen Moon yet, but after a quick read on wikipedia and spoiling myself with the plot (It's a bad habit I need to break :( ), it doesn't seem half bad, let's hope the Warcraft movie doesn't suck.

SecretNegative said:
That being said, isn't this movie a little late? The prime of WoW:s popularity was end of Wrath/Beginning of Cata, which'll be, what, 5 years before the movie will actually air? Sure no one wants it to be rushed, but if you're going to cash in on a very popular brand name, this is arriving a little late to the party.
Well, the Simpsons movie screened more than a decade later after it's prime in the mid 90's, 5 years doesn't seem too late for me :p

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
So is this movie live action? 'Cause if there is one thing despite everything that Blizzard still does well is they have awesome CG teasers. So a whole movie of that would be pretty cool.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Person who is being paid - likely based on how well a movie does at the box office - says the movie will be good.

No really, guys.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
So is this movie live action? 'Cause if there is one thing despite everything that Blizzard still does well is they have awesome CG teasers. So a whole movie of that would be pretty cool.
Blend of both. They'll have live actors and CG motion-cap'd stuff. I'm sure some/a lot of backdrop is also going to end up being CG

Atlon

Sep 17, 2012
I really like Farell as an actor. Sure, he's got some poor performances, but who hasn't in the business?
That being said, I do not think that this would have been the kind of movie for him. Or maybe it would have been, still not quite sure as to where Jones wants to take this thing.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Abomination said:
Person who is being paid - likely based on how well a movie does at the box office - says the movie will be good.

No really, guys.
An actor like Colin Farrell's walking away with a lot of money however the movie does. Their end result does not affect his paycheck.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Yes, yes but what do Colin Farrell's eyebrows think of the script? That's the only answer that matters. Seriously if you shaved those caterpillars off his face he would easily lose 80% of his acting ability.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Psychobabble said:
Yes, yes but what do Colin Farrell's eyebrows think of the script? That's the only answer that matters. Seriously if you shaved those caterpillars off his face he would easily lose 80% of his acting ability.
That's probably because if you did that we'd lose 80% of Colin Farrell's physical form also.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Abomination said:

No really, guys.
Exactly.

Also, he's not impressing me with his intelligence in his quoted statements. And a lot of actors can't tell a good script from shit. I mean, how else do you explain Malcolm McDowell's career?

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
The only worry I have is how biased is it going to be for the Alliance? I putting money on ridiculously to universally biased.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
funksobeefy said:
The only worry I have is how biased is it going to be for the Alliance? I putting money on ridiculously to universally biased.
You do know the Alliance are supposed to be the good guys? Just because years of horde pandering in WoW have given the message of Orcs being misunderstood savages, the fact is that they still poured through the dark portal to invade and murder all of humanity, succeeding in wiping out entire kingdoms in the process. Yes, I know horde are cool and edgy, but at the root of Warcraft it's a story of good defending itself from evil. Look to Warcraft 1 + 2 for the real historical lore.

Jigero

Apr 15, 2011
Did he also think the scripts for Daredevil and the Total Recall remake where "really, really cool" too or he just getting paid to say that?

trty00 said:
SecretNegative said:
Even with the decline in subscribers, isn't WoW still generally the most popular MMO? I think there's still a pretty established fanbase for this kind of thing. Not to mention, along with superheroes and zombies, the public is really eating up high fantasy at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if it made some hefty cash.
Not really, yea Marvel Movies are doing well, but they are pretty much the exception every thing else has either been lukewarm to disastrous

Even the Hobbit didn't do all that well. It only made 1,017,003,568 and it's budget was 561,000,000 compared to Return of the King which made 1,119,929,521 and it's budget was 94,000,000 not counting for inflation.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Jigero said:
Even the Hobbit didn't do all that well. It only made 1,017,003,568 and it's budget was 561,000,000 compared to Return of the King which made 1,119,929,521 and it's budget was 94,000,000 not counting for inflation.
Hhmmm that seems strange.
All three LotR movies have a budget of "estimated" 93M. Could it be that the budget for the entire project was around 300M and since it is estimation they simply divided it by 3 after all afaik the films were filmed ?basically? at the same time right? - Seems very unlikely that all three films cost exactly the same...
In that case could it be that those 561M for the Hobbit are the budget for all three films as well? I mean why would the costs explode like this?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
To you, Collin Ferrell is sexy. To me, that photo looks like my 45 year old uncle cosplaying Highlander-era Christopher Lambert.