Colin Farrell Says Warcraft Script Is "Really, Really Cool"

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Ishigami said:
I mean why would the costs explode like this?
Isn't The Hobbit being filmed in actual 3D? Obviously that doesn't account for all of the costs but it's got to add a lot. Plus the economy is buggered compared to when LoTR was filmed.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
RJ Dalton said:
Abomination said:
Person who is being paid - likely based on how well a movie does at the box office - says the movie will be good.

No really, guys.
Exactly.

Also, he's not impressing me with his intelligence in his quoted statements. And a lot of actors can't tell a good script from shit. I mean, how else do you explain Malcolm McDowell's career?
Wild stab in the dark here, McDowell went with the one with the biggest cheque attached.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Personal Hype meter: lo |x------------------------------| hi

A non-animated Warcraft movie? Lame.

Humans in the lead role? Awful.

With a universe so overflowing with cool characters of many different races....WHY HUMANS?!! There are already tons of movies about us! I enjoy fantasy because its NOT always about humans :|

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
AldUK said:
funksobeefy said:
The only worry I have is how biased is it going to be for the Alliance? I putting money on ridiculously to universally biased.
You do know the Alliance are supposed to be the good guys? Just because years of horde pandering in WoW have given the message of Orcs being misunderstood savages, the fact is that they still poured through the dark portal to invade and murder all of humanity, succeeding in wiping out entire kingdoms in the process. Yes, I know horde are cool and edgy, but at the root of Warcraft it's a story of good defending itself from evil. Look to Warcraft 1 + 2 for the real historical lore.
well what about the whole campaign for Warcraft 3? You spend much of the time with Thrall creating a noble horde from the savages they once were, Grom sacrifices himself to save the orcs from their curse. The Tauren are not evil either along with the Darkspear tribe. The Horde is so much more interesting then generic good guy races of the alliance

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
albino boo said:
RJ Dalton said:
Abomination said:
Person who is being paid - likely based on how well a movie does at the box office - says the movie will be good.

No really, guys.
Exactly.

Also, he's not impressing me with his intelligence in his quoted statements. And a lot of actors can't tell a good script from shit. I mean, how else do you explain Malcolm McDowell's career?
Wild stab in the dark here, McDowell went with the one with the biggest cheque attached.
Shhh! Don't throw off my groove by pointing out alternate possibilities, man. That's just rude!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
wombat_of_war said:
tzimize said:

With a universe so overflowing with cool characters of many different races....WHY HUMANS?!! There are already tons of movies about us! I enjoy fantasy because its NOT always about humans :|
you are unfortunately in the minority and frankly the horde side arent exactly the most empathetic bunch. its just easier for people to follow along with what they are familiar with.

then again i have a feeling this will be another dungeons and dragons the movie or dungeon siege
Oh lord, dont even mention dungeons and dragons o.o

There was a lot of things wrong with that movie (everything) but who....WHO decided to cast Wayans as the black sidekick? OH LAWD the brainpain.

In respons: I dont know man, some of the horde is pretty decent compared to a lot of the alliance. Thrall is great, and Cairne was fantastic. The rest....probably not so much :p A movie with the (pre-Garrosh) honorable orcs in the lead? I'd say it would be a refreshing change from the uruk-hai of LOTR.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
While Moon was awesome and I have lots of praise for Duncan Jones, I'm not wholly convinced Colin Farrell, star of titles like "Phone Booth" and "S.W.A.T" is an authority on scriptwriting.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
tzimize said:

Humans are not in the lead role. This they talked about the story at Blizzcon last week. It is mostly about the both sides, but mainly Orcs during the first opening of the Portal from Draenor to Azeroth in the first Warcraft game.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Baldr said:
tzimize said:

Humans are not in the lead role. This they talked about the story at Blizzcon last week. It is mostly about the both sides, but mainly Orcs during the first opening of the Portal from Draenor to Azeroth in the first Warcraft game.
Eh...I'll believe it when I see it.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
RJ Dalton said:
albino boo said:
RJ Dalton said:
Abomination said:

No really, guys.
Exactly.

Shhh! Don't throw off my groove by pointing out alternate possibilities, man. That's just rude!
I'm sorry but I'm always with those negative waves

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Yosharian said:
Wooo the same guy who made Moon? Man it could actually be good...
Well DIRECTED by the same guy. While I agree that Moon was a fantastic film, it was also a film with a very basic premise and a small easily controllable environment, where the director also had a big hand in writing the script. And I think that's exactly why the film was so well crafted. It was made by a small group with a clear vision and an army of boneheaded studio execs didn't take turns sodomizing the creative property for their own personal interests before it saw the light of day. A film based off the multibillion dollar World of Warcraft franchise is going to be a very different animal. Especially if Duncan Jones has little control over the story creation process.

All I can say at this point is the same thing I keep telling my overly optimistic Star Wars fan friends when they bring up the new SW films. Feel free to hope for the best, but at the same time it just might be wise to prepare your anuses for a truly deep and brutal corporate gang bang of your fanboi dreams.