Collateral Beauty - Intellectual B.S.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Collateral Beauty - Intellectual B.S.

Collateral Beauty is one of the biggest disasters of 2016.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Scientology. That is all that comes to mind anymore. I wish it didn't, it is an annoyance. But it is a rather disturbing elephant in the room. Should I blame the cul... religion for Smith's questionable choices? Probably not. But if it was anything less than the defining philosophies for any Hunan's existence! I could probably let it slide.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
The biggest bait and switch this year. Well, movie wise. Politics already has that covered. What? What do you mean you aren't going to do the things you promised you side you would do if you won? Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaat.....

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Scientology. That is all that comes to mind anymore. I wish it didn't, it is an annoyance. But it is a rather disturbing elephant in the room. Should I blame the cul... religion for Smith's questionable choices? Probably not. But if it was anything less than the defining philosophies for any Hunan's existence! I could probably let it slide.
Is Smith a Scientologist? Even if he is, from the sounds of it it seems like Smith's ego for 'recognition' is to blame for him being in this film more than any wacky personal dogma.

If this is a stinker, then it's susprising Mirren mired herself in it, as she can generally pick good'uns, or at least that's how it seems.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Darth Rosenberg said:
[Is Smith a Scientologist? Even if he is, from the sounds of it it seems like Smith's ego for 'recognition' is to blame for him being in this film more than any wacky personal dogma.

If this is a stinker, then it's susprising Mirren mired herself in it, as she can generally pick good'uns, or at least that's how it seems.
He was, I have just found out he has allegedly left that behind now. It's not something I thought to update myself on so far, but thankyou for poking that particular bit of outdated knowledge ;)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
When was the last time Smith had a good movie? I'm hard pressed to think of one...

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I Knew It! When I was watching the trailer, I was thinking that they were actors claiming to be Love, Death, and Time. There was one scene in the trailer that kind of tipped it off.

Overall, I agree with Marter that this is a skip for me. Which is disappointing, because I love the cast in this movie.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
RJ 17 said:
When was the last time Smith had a good movie? I'm hard pressed to think of one...
Men in Black III was fine. Before that? Ali.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
09philj said:
RJ 17 said:
Men in Black III was fine. Before that? Ali.
So (pretty much) five years ago? That sounds about right.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
RJ 17 said:
Concussion and Focus. Also enjoyed Suicide Squad, but I'd call that "okay" rather than "good."

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
OK, I don't get it. What is the connection between word "Love" and name Aimee?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hey Marter, when are you doing Passenger? Apparently both had really misleading trailers and also both happened to be garbage.

Scytail

Jan 26, 2010
Mister K said:
OK, I don't get it. What is the connection between word "Love" and name Aimee?
In French, Aimee means beloved. Its where we get Amy from.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Hey Marter, when are you doing Passenger? Apparently both had really misleading trailers and also both happened to be garbage.
Next weekend.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Bob_McMillan said:
33% on Rotten Tomatoes. Ouch. That's a shame, I like the lead actors, and the concept, while derivative, isn't a bad one.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Darth Rosenberg said:
[Is Smith a Scientologist? Even if he is, from the sounds of it it seems like Smith's ego for 'recognition' is to blame for him being in this film more than any wacky personal dogma.

He was, I have just found out he has allegedly left that behind now. It's not something I thought to update myself on so far, but thankyou for poking that particular bit of outdated knowledge ;)
He abandoned Scientology? If that's the case then I should probably make an effort to ignore all the future scandals he gets wrapped up in, because chances are they'll be fabricated by Scientologists. How long will it be before the news starts reporting that he's joined ISIS?

TheSpyIsASpyWDZ

Loves To Lurk
Dec 15, 2012
sageoftruth said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Darth Rosenberg said:

He abandoned Scientology? If that's the case then I should probably make an effort to ignore all the future scandals he gets wrapped up in, because chances are they'll be fabricated by Scientologists. How long will it be before the news starts reporting that he's joined ISIS?
I was strongly under the impression that Will Smith has never been a Scientologist, but had donated millions to the organization at the same time he had donated millions to his own church, because his a friend (Tom Cruise) is a face of Scientology and surely wanted a piece of that action. Of course, since then, he had donated a number of more times. But a number of former Scientologists claim that Smith isn't a Scientologist, so I'd lean towards not.