Colonial Marines Co-Developer Files For Bankruptcy Protection

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Parakeettheprawn said:
William Dickbringer said:
you mean dawn of war right? space marine is the 3rd person shooter game O.T. it's always sad to hear a studio go under even though I never played one of their games
No, I meant Space Marine, because that's my point: Relic was a predominantly RTS developing studio that pulled out one of the most enjoyable shooter/brawler hybrids we've ever seen. But I doubt Gearbox can do the inverse with Homeworld.

Am I clear now?
Ok thought you meant the rts game withdrawn

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
not paying the pizza joint is just unacceptable. If you can't afford to pay them when you buy pizza from them you really need to rethink your business strategies.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Denizen said:
Poor timegate. The first victim of Gearbox. They have a long way to go before catching up to EA's track record but it doesn't seem to be discouraging them.
How are they a victim of Gearbox? The way I see it, their ill-thought-out legal battle with SouthPeak is the main cause of their financial ruin.

I can't remember the exact details of the case, but I do recall thinking the pretenses they were going on were flimsy given what was at stake.

Mudkipith

May 11, 2011
Section 8 was awfully lazy buggy and was not helped by Windows Live. They haven't made any good games I can think of, these things tend to happen.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I remember Timegate did the two Kohan games, they were actually pretty good RTSs, good story, interesting mechanics, pity that was te highlight as that weas ten years ago