combine 2 games to make one amazing game

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Bioshock: Infinite meets Mirror's Edge.
Jumping around that sky city would have been beautiful.

Or Jet Set meets Mirror's Edge which is essentially Mirror's Edge with roller-skates but that would be pretty awesome.

Ulkjen

Feb 4, 2011
Minecraft -> Mount and Blade.

Minecraft with a better combat system is something I have been pining for for a long time. I love minecraft, but its super shallow gameplay keeps it killed for me. The only weapon in it that's any fun is the bow and, well, only one fun weapon a game does not make.

Mount and blade has a VERY enjoyable combat system. Parries, directional swings, momentum based damage. Amazing. If this could be transferred into a random gen world that I could dig and build in, that would be amazing! This is why I play rust. Rust lets you build a base and shoot stuff with guns. It just lacks the random gen worlds :(.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy VII... I have no idea how this game looks or plays but it's awesome!

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
Spyro: Year of the Dragon + Dark Souls (or Demons' Souls)

A dark action platformer for adults. You are a human who can transform into a dragon or perhaps it is the other way around, hmm? Or maybe you're neither of those things - you're just a pitiful shapeshifter. You'd be able to access levels through a Nexus-like hub. Also you'd have a hell-themed skateboarding level.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Well my joke entry would be "Barney's Hide and Seek" combined with any zombie survival horror game. This could be the best survival horror game the world has ever seen.

My REAL entry, however, would be "Fallout 3" and "Fallout: New Vegas". Combine the depth of the world of "Fallout 3" with the levelling system, characters and quest choices of "New Vegas" and you have maybe my perfect open-world game.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
I've kind of wondered about taking Call of Duty's core gameplay and transferring it into fallout's open world of monsters and broken weapons.

JakeNubbin

Jul 23, 2009
The best star wars game ever. Just combine Knights of the Old Republic and everything about it but the main combat mechanic is Jedi Outcast. Oh yeah. That kind of awesome.

But to non-star wars fans, how about some kind of other sci-fi? Wing Commander Mass Effect anybody?

No? How about the ultimate combination. Combine Deus Ex with Deux Ex Human Revolution. Thats right suckas. Main story and rpg components, Deus Ex. Hacking, dialogue system (with persuasion) and takedowns, along with some gunplay components and cover if only used for stealth, Human Revolution. Also graphics. But without the gold filter. Cyan filter!

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and Star Wars:Republic Commando.

Rolling along with a 4-man squad of Astartes/Stormtroopers/Battlesuits/Chaos Chosen/Aspect Warriors/Synapse Warriors/DE Raiders/Chosen Necrons/Inquisitor's Accompanyment and destroying shit with some good characterization between each of the different squad members.
With some of Space Marine's melee system and RC's squad command tactics, they could make a good use of the setting.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i would love to have skyrim/fallout game in the ME universe, a proper free roaming open world(s) game. as much as i enjoy open world games, i'm not really into TES lore so i tend to lose interest, but i love ME lore so... yeah.

also i'd really like to see metal gear rising meeting deus ex, so you have the option of being stealthy (in a good deus ex way, not a shitty mgs:r way) or a good melee combat system for a hack n slash game.

Right E O

Mar 19, 2010
Bioshock Infinite with 999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors.

A bit obscure, so for the uninformed, 999 was a visual novel/escape the room game with one of the best science related narratives I've ever seen in a game. So I'm proposing you fill in the plotholes of Bioshock Infinite with some better writing and an introduction of the morphogenic field theory as used in 999 with the amazing worldbuilding and fast paced gameplay of Bioshock Infinite. I know this sounds like a complaint about Bioshock Infinite, but by combining the many worlds theory as shown in Bioshock with something a little different (and a little smarter, no im not bitter), you could get an astounding game.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Persona 3/4 + Pokémon.

... Wait, shit. That's basically Pokémon Amie, isn't it?

In all seriousness, I'd like to see any number of games adopt something similar to Persona's Social Link system. Just some gameplay mechanic that would incentivize interaction with NPCs and getting emotionally involved in the story.

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
Skyrim and Ocarina of Time (with a bit of Twilight Princess).

Both Zelda and the Elder Scrolls series put a big emphasis on exploration, freedom, and dungeon crawling. But, Skyrim is too samey; once you've seen four or five types of dungeons, their wonder is gone. But Zelda has amazing, distinctive environments, and especially amazing dungeons. Lengthy dungeons in Skyrim are a chore because they're an exercise in bland repetition, but lengthy dungeons in Zelda are awesome, engaging, and fun.

Skyrim and Zelda also both have amazing, fun combat, but Skyrim's combat has no real impact to it -- you can't get knocked down (most of the time), and when you stab somebody or they stab you, it usually doesn't do anything to you but drain your health meter. There's very little in the way of proper acrobatics and movement, and the action doesn't quite feel real. Zelda has really fun combat dynamics, though, and even if you're good enough to just blast through your foes, it has a sort of tangible quality to it that makes it really immersive.

So yeah, I'd marry those two games and then never be seen by anyone I've ever known *ever again*. Except when I emerged from my glorious Skyrule to beg them to give me food! :)

(Nah, I'd emerge for food and exercise and stuff ... but it'd take about two weeks for any kind of substantive social interaction to actually occur.)

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Kingdom Hearts and Persona.

Great cinematic extensive combat system with a plot line that actually makes some damn sense without you having to play EVERY persona thus far and keeping note. Literally Kingdom Hearts combat + Persona's storytelling please.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Mass Effect and halo.

I mean come on, both have huge line up of aliens. Just think, having a Sangheili teammate that dominate the battlefield with Wrex. That and think of the lore if the two join up. Sangheili and Turians are allies due to their military backgrounds and etc etc for other match up with each game races.

MrRaggaedeman

Nov 18, 2009
Mirrors Edge mixed with with Dishonored, but with less focus on killing.

I'm thinking of a game kinda similar to Smugglers Run where two rivaling team have to deliver packages to their safe zone. Kinda like capture The flag, just in a huge map and with various cars.
Switch the cars with freerunners and the wide, open maps with various city maps ranging from slums to skyscraper maps.
Combined with the blink ability from Dishonored you could do some really great maps.

The game should have more of a racing feel to it, so the gameplay would be around stealing packages and escaping rather than brutal murder.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Gears of War and XCOM. The two games are made for each other. Basically XCOM's combat with Gears of War setting, characters and enemies etc.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Awesome thread! Hard to choose just two games, though.

Red Dead Redemption + Dark Souls? Massive open world, great narrative, fantasy setting, awesome combat.

ryan_cs

Aug 13, 2013
Eve Online and Uplink.
Hack through thousand of corporations and steal their money, destroy data, and send you are a weiner messages to everyone.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Master_of_Oldskool said:
Persona 3/4 + Pokémon.

... Wait, shit. That's basically Pokémon Amie, isn't it?
That's also pretty much what the Shin Megami Tensi games that eventually spawned the Persona series are.

OT: Mount and Blade + The Elder Scrolls
In terms of engaging plot I'm not as critical as most are of the recent Elder Scrolls games, though I agree that Morrowind had the most engaging of the series yet, though there are plenty of gems in all games. However, where the Elder Scrolls series has always been lacking is more engaging combat, and modeling it after Mount and Blade's combat would be a good start at least.

Star Wars + Fallout New Vegas:

I've always wanted to see a truly open world Star Wars game, and whatever else they might be, Bethesda have always been good when it comes to building open worlds. More specifically, I'd either like to see the player dropped into a massive Skyrim or bigger sized world with pretty much every environment and species in Star Wars in it, or a transportation system between several planets that had large areas to run around in, whichever would work better. Wandering around, helping/cheating/killing/etc. doing quests, factions to support or ruin, the possibility of becoming a Jedi/Sith/Something in between but making it balanced so that remaining a normal would still be viable. Most importantly, the world would be designed around allowing you to take any role you want, from smuggler, to peacekeeper, to bounty hunter, stone cold killer, and everything in between. It would also help Fallout's karma system to be more of worth, since your Force powers if you became a Force User would be reliant on it.

Both melee and ranged combat would be available, first or third person. The battle system would have an early warning system involved, i.e. you get a red flash a split second before you are attacked and if you block or dodge in the correct direction with timing you stop the attack, otherwise it goes through. This early warning system would have a margin of error based on how good your fighting statistics are, naturally over time as you successfully block attacks, and if you became a Force User how experienced you were in Force Sensing attacks, though it would still be an extremely brief warning to prevent the player from being able to easily block and dodge everything. As for the story, that's where my ideas end.